Honda Odyssey Forum banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got out of the dealer (had to bring our Odyssey in for keyless entry problems) and asked them to fix the CarPlay crashing issue every time we stop Apple Maps navigation or reach our destination.

We have an EX-L running B.1.0.8 and trying an update via wireless always returns a System up-to-date message.

After talking with Honda tech line, the dealer told me that there was no software update compatible with our van and that while newer versions might come on new vehicles, nothing is available for ours. I'm running out of ideas after trying to get this resolved for 6 months or so and feel it's pretty ridiculous that all they can tell me is that Honda is aware of the issue and working on a fix though no ETA on when it will be available for our van.

I've tried calling Honda directly in the past but they have been no hope with often contradictory messages and always saying something is being worked on by some department they cannot put me in touch with.

I'm running out of ideas and fear this will be something that Honda never resolves.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow! All the issues I have experienced plus more. I did a thread on OdyClub for my '18 Elite (born 10/17 & purchased 10/24/17) titled "Bluetooth Issues", if you want my story. My system says my software is up to date. I just checked it. Ver. 1.0.11 and some folks have .12. My major issue is with the Bluetooth telephone interface, and backup gridlines not appearing for about 20 seconds, 1 screen lockup and numerous times of screen going black while driving for 3 to 5 seconds. Telephone callees can't understand me and when they can, audio is pretty "tinny"; I sound much better when I press the button to switch to handheld. They can understand me and audio has much more depth. I started a ticket with In Car Technology and spoke to "Product Concerns" as well, all to no avail or improvement. Honda definitely has a communication problem within their divisions and customers, not to mention their software engineers and their update process. They have our email address! Why can't they notify us of an update issuance? I am really regretting trading my '13 Elite for this '18 pain in the behind. Wish I had kept what I had! Not a good place to be and apparently Honda isn't listening to us. One other sore point: if you all have that sucky single low note horn on your baby, I highly recommend installing a pair of 2017 Pilot horns. You will love the difference and you might be able to garner others' attention when you sound it; they sure didn't pay any attention to the factory installed faux pas. The dealer told me to expect an update in a moth or so, but the paperwork said in several months. Are any of these problems "Lemon Law-able"? I wish us all good luck and I am probably very lucky I don't use more of the car's advertised capabilities. I'd probably have a stroke over the stress.

·
Registered
15 Posts
About 3 weeks ago my nav system in my 2018 Touring model Ody was really good, then came the Honda not Garmin update which I did wirelessly. This seemed to improve throttle tip in which was annoying. But, it also changed the nav main screen, erased all my saved places basically everything that I had put in, and the search feature that had been so good had lost its intuitiveness eg., the search feature can not find an Air Base that is clearly marked on the map and was previously easily found. Also, medical facilities previously easily found no longer were showing up via search.
Two days ago I got a letter from Honda saying my system did not me specifications and that I should make an appointment with a dealer to repair(plan for half a day for the repair) the nav system. They did not indicate how this was to be done eg., software or replacement. So, I take the Ody in tomorrow Apr 5 to see if it is indeed returned to a more capable nav system.

·
Registered
6 Posts

The update files (or at least the request file) are coded with your VIN, so it’s probably not recommended to share. Your dealer should be able to call techline and get someone to release the update to your vehicle. But, it doesn’t fix much...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your dealer should be able to call techline and get someone to release the update to your vehicle.
This hasn't been my experience. They call the tech line and get told there is no way to force the update, and no one can say when the update will be released to your particular vehicle, just keep waiting.

- EX-L owner still on 1.0.9, have talked to the dealer and in car tech support probably 15 times over the last 7 months. Not a single person, even those that have talked to the tech line, can explain what the roll-out process is, or how long it is supposed to take. Most disagree on if an update even exists, despite 1.0.12 being out since last year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
EX-L with Navigation. Got the update to 1.0.12 today. Download and install went smooth. Took less than 30 minutes total. Other than not being able to install 2018 maps update to the navigation (seems to be a Garmin incompatibility with Mac OS) we have experienced no glitches with the operation of the van due to software. We did have the XMTuner and the rear widow switches replaced under TSB repairs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a 2018 Elite in South Georgia about two weeks ago. I connected via home wifi and got an update. I didn't make note of the version that I had prior to the update.

I'm definitely running B.1.0.14 now.

Are others getting this update as well ?

No real issues noted so far with Odyssey in general other than the automatic wiper function being pretty poor.

Josh

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm amazed that there is some human, somewhere in the depths of Honda, continuing to write new software versions (now v14). Who is this person, and how can we convince them to spend some time helping us actually RECEIVE the new software?

Signed,
"Up-to-date" on B.1.0.09

·
Registered
116 Posts
spoke to honda executive team support and they are aware of hte issue. Provided my VIN and they said since it's EX-L there is no sofgtwrae update yet (not even dealer can do it with a USB) and I just have to wait. Seems like they know how big an issue it's become and working actively withapple

·
Registered
72 Posts
Impressive that you got to executive support! But I don't understand their explanation
1) Multiple EX-L owners in this thread are reporting getting updates
2) Why would they need to work with Apple? It's Honda's software, distributed over Honda's OTA system, and they've already written it (v12, v14).

Were you convinced? I just worry that they, like the other levels of tech support, will make up any vaguely technical explanation that ends with "just keep waiting".

spoke to honda executive team support and they are aware of hte issue. Provided my VIN and they said since it's EX-L there is no sofgtwrae update yet (not even dealer can do it with a USB) and I just have to wait. Seems like they know how big an issue it's become and working actively withapple

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still no update

I have made multiple complaints to the dealer with no help, other than an update will be available soon for my '18 Elite. Still running B.1.0.11 and "it's up to date" and still getting screen blackouts. Maybe Honda needs to "update" its IT Department? 5-1/2 months of ownership, no update.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have made multiple complaints to the dealer with no help, other than an update will be available soon for my '18 Elite. Still running B.1.0.11 and "it's up to date" and still getting screen blackouts. Maybe Honda needs to "update" its IT Department? 5-1/2 months of ownership, no update.
I had almost 10 months of ownership with no up but it finically came throw last month. I was on B.1.0.8. They must be updating the older ones first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in exactly the same boat as you....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 159 Posts