Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the need of a new tail light. The tail light with the brake light (in the actual body)How do I go about removing the old one and where can I get a new one? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
More details would be helpful. Are you looking for the 3rd brake light or the corner lights? What year/model is your van? You can find them on any of the websites below by digging through the parts lists. These folks have the best prices but some charge more for shipping & handling.

Seeing it's tough to break a 3rd brake light I'll assume you mean the corner ones. There's 2 plastic pieces that flip open revealing screws. They are black and on the assembly closes to the center of the van, you open the hatch to see them. After the screws are off the housing pops off.

Honda parts sites you can find with google or try a junk yard/Ebay:
Barnardi Honda
Majestic Honda
Hondapartscheap

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I forgot to mention that information. It is a 2003 Ody LX. It is the corner one The red/orange light. Driver rear.

·
Registered
524 Posts
How to video link.

Check out this how to video. Cheers.
You may not be able to pull the light housing out of the fender without prying. As mentioned in the video, cover a screw driver with cloth when you pry the housing from the fender.
A search on google for "tail light housing 2003 honda odyssey" will give many where to buy listings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHlwt7Mrx00

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just realized that i never mentioned that I needed to replace the brake light lens and not the bulb. The video is great but it shows the bulb replacement not the lens cover. Once you remove the brake light unit, can the lens be removed too?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Left tail light is 33506-S0X-003. It's the whole unit. Google it and you'll see a picture. 2 screws on the right side and gently pry the left side out of the fender.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts