Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2008 Certified EX last month. Today I noticed that a small piece of the tailgate light cover broke off (see picture). I suspect it was already cracked and that a recent trunk closing must have caused this as there is some wear in the paint below the cracked off section. I've got a few days left on my warrantee to see if they would replace this, but in anticipation of a "no", would anyone be able to help me with a replacement part number for the cover?

·
Registered
632 Posts
You can buy a used part from ebay or junk yard. All you need is pop the hatch inner cover and remove 3-4 nuts then slide the replacement in and you're done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent-thanks! Did a simple search on Ebay and nothing came up in an 2008. A part number would help with a parts yard and elsewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to follow up...

Took a copy of the $122 part quote from Bernardi Parts to my dealer this morning and they matched the price. Saved $50 compared to what they originally quoted me on the phone. They had the light cover and I was in and out in an hour. Could have saved a few bucks attempting the repair on my own but at least it was done right. Hats off to the parts manager at Honda of Lisle for cutting me some slack.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Glad you got it fixed already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts