Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since not many people are able to test drive an Odyssey or see all of the features first-hand before purchase, I was wondering what people's experiences were with the dealers when they pick up their new vans?

I guess it varies from one dealer to the next, but do they take the time to go over all of the features and "tricks" when you pick it up?

My parents have a 2000 Ody EX, so I know what to look forward to when my 2002 comes in, but I've learned alot of info from reading this board that I don't think will be covered (unless I specifically ask) at the dealer.

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cmmeyers:
Since not many people are able to test drive an Odyssey or see all of the features first-hand before purchase, I was wondering what people's experiences were with the dealers when they pick up their new vans?

I guess it varies from one dealer to the next, but do they take the time to go over all of the features and "tricks" when you pick it up?

My parents have a 2000 Ody EX, so I know what to look forward to when my 2002 comes in, but I've learned alot of info from reading this board that I don't think will be covered (unless I specifically ask) at the dealer.
</font>
Yes, when we picked up our '01 GG EX, the dealr spent 45min to 1 hour going every single little tip/trick and operation of the van. There was no rush by the dealer and he had answered all of our questions patiently. Plus, it made him look good to potential customers in the lot too!

·
Registered
306 Posts
We test drove the van about a year before the purchase from the same dealer and the same guy.
When we were picking it up, it was rainning.
So he spent most of time inside of the van, but I knew most of it.

He also gave us the instuction video.
It was about a family with brand new Ody and showing features to their neighbour.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our salesman spent a long time going over all the details of the van and then stuff from the owner's manual. I have to say that I felt so informed from many of the things I had learned here that I got tired of the salesman telling me about them. Of course, he didn't know what I knew and was just trying to do his job.

Travis

------------------
2001 MB EX, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Pioneer Speakers

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I'm glad to hear that the dealers are taking their time to explain everything.

I agree with you Travis. I think that I am going to already be familiar with about 95% of the features (except for anything new on the 2002 model).

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porschetr:
He also gave us the instuction video.
It was about a family with brand new Ody and showing features to their neighbour.
</font>
Instruction video? What's that, something new for the 2002s?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts