Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a stop light during my morning commute, I was late as usual, when the light went green I hit the gas and I heard a little tire squeal then the TCS light started blinking. I was surprised of the Odyssey being capable of spinning its tires with an automatic transmission. I wonder how much more spin would there be if the TCS was off. Road conditions were dry and clean. It's great to see the Ody capable of such power. I'm impressed and very happy with my 2001 Ody. Can't imagine what it could do with 240hp and a 5 speed auto.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The accelleration of the 2002 is very impressive!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yellowscreamer:
a lot more.</font>

------------------
Ron - Ody EX L Navi 2002, silver with fog, subwoofer

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, I experimented with the TCS the other day after we had had a night of rain showers. The roads were well wetted and appropriately slick. I stabbed the throttle at a stop sign (no other traffic around!) and the TCS light lit up appropriately. I was a little surprised at the amount of tire slippage. I guess I thought it wouldn't be as much as it was. The interesting part was holding onto the steering wheel. I had a good grip and the wheel was pulsing left and right as the front tires traded traction duties on the acceleration. It was easily controllable but you do have to hang on.

At least I now know what to expect.

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
126 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Intrepid175:
I was a little surprised at the amount of tire slippage. I guess I thought it wouldn't be as much as it was.</font>
Yes, I also think that the slippage is very significant even when TCS activates. In fact, I hardly can tell the difference between the Ody and my previous car without TCS. I even brought the van to the dealer to raise the question, but was told that all is OK, and as it should be. I still don't believe this

[This message has been edited by DP (edited 10-27-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts