Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TCS and ABS lights on after ATF replacement

I have read through all the messages regarding this issue but so far nothing works.

I try to repplace the transmission fluid 2 weeks ago. The procedure calls for lifting the wheels up and put the car in gear to drain more fluid out from the torque converter. The ABS and TCS and brake lights came on while I did this. It satys on all the time now. I disconnect the battery overnight did not clear the lights. ODB2 scanner can not reset either.

I follow another message trying to rest the lights but did not work. I did get the code I think is a 54, fail safe relay. The relay itself works. I checked all the fuses too. Nothing seems to be wrong but I can make the lights to go away.

Does the light has to be read and reset by dealer?
I appreciate any suggetion.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Check the ABS F/S (20A) fuse in the under-hood
fuse/relay box, and reinstall the fuse if it is OK.

There are alot of checks of the circuit (includding the ground) that need to be performed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the problem!!. I did connect the ABS module when replacing the transmission filter. I did not put it back tight enough. Once I reconnected the connector everything worked.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Found the problem!!. I did connect the ABS module when replacing the transmission filter. I did not put it back tight enough. Once I reconnected the connector everything worked.
I am not sure if the OP is still around but does anybody know which connector he is referring? And where is the ABS module located?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Check page 19-76 of Repair Manual.

ABS modulator unit is under air intake duct. There are 2 connectors, one to the mod unit and one to the pump motor.

The ABS control unit is under the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts