Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we have a 2011 Ody. We financed it and so we are committed to it for 5 years. I have always leased cars so I can get new ones every few years so besides the first car I ever drove... I don't think I've had a car with more than 50k miles.

I'm wondering what your suspension sounds like as you approach 100k and how many rattles does your car have? When your car goes over speed bumps... do you hear lots clunks etc? We do have Honda Care for 6/120k.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know if you can really compare different generations...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was under the impression that the chassis and power train were similar between the two generations.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm wondering what your suspension sounds like as you approach 100k and how many rattles does your car have? When your car goes over speed bumps... do you hear lots clunks etc?

My 2006 at 105k drives smooth and quiet. Paint and interior are holding up very nicely.

If it was to develop a noise in the suspension you could replace all the wear parts for less than a single monthly payment on most new cars.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm not at 60K yet, only 35K so far, but I wanted to mention that it seems as if the Ody gets quieter and smoother over time.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'm not at 60K yet, only 35K so far, but I wanted to mention that it seems as if the Ody gets quieter and smoother over time.
I have thought the same thing, and I'm at 125,000 miles. You just need to make sure the tires aren't worn and the power steering problem doesn't start acting up. Those have been the biggest items that I have found to have compromised the ride quality.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Road force balancing a new set of quality tires will make any car ride much better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2005 Touring with 68k

My 05 Touring has 68k miles. I love it for the most part, no problems other than these darn tires. I just had my 3rd set installed at $1759 bucks!!!Ouch!:nothappy::nothappy::nothappy::nothappy::nothappy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
05 EX-L, 82k miles - had issues with rear power door during the first 6 months but that's about it. We've owned 5 Hondas including this one, I don't know if we're lucky but not one has given us problems. Change oil regularly it'll run forever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts