21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It is not whether it fits the wheel well, but if the offset of the wheel matches the Honda wheels.

From Dr. Google:

Wheel offset
Featured snippet from the web
The offset of a wheel is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the center line of the wheel. The wheel offset is measured in millimeters and results in a positive, negative, or zero offset. ... Negative offset is when the hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline.
The offset is different. But the offset determines how they fit (depth wise) in the wheel well ... too much or too little offset will cause rubbing in the wrong places.
Its the perfect offset to bring the wheels 'out' just a little bit further to the edge of the fender but still provide enough room everywhere inside the well

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
All, no matter what you do to a 4500 lb box, you're never going to be able to pick up women in it, unless they're moving furniture!
LOL you haven't seen some vans including mine. Gets more attention than the super cars at a meet LOLLL

·
Registered
303 Posts
Large heavy rims basically just SLOW down the car, especially from a dead stop, because you are adding a ton of unsprung weight. It looks good, nothing else. I'm waiting for someone to put some 26" rims and lift the Odyssey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Large heavy rims basically just SLOW down the car, especially from a dead stop, because you are adding a ton of unsprung weight. It looks good, nothing else. I'm waiting for someone to put some 26" rims and lift the Odyssey.
The tesla wheels are roughly 2 pounds more per rim lol...

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
214 Posts
I have always believed that black wheels do not look good on these vans.

With that said, I bet if you replace the badges with Tesla badges, someone might think Tesla made an actual minivan. The wheels and the red paint really sell it.

·
Registered
779 Posts

With that said, I bet if you replace the badges with Tesla badges, someone might think Tesla made an actual minivan. The wheels and the red paint really sell it.
I think that it depends on what color if the van, as well the setup. @RStines90 van's color with the black roof rack looks really good.

@RStines90 you should wrap the head lights in 3m vinyl film to avoid the head lights getting dull/foggy.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Was thinking about using the same shadow chrom paint I did on all my trim (grill, emblems, and window trim)
I didnt get around to getting down to the junkyard today to get a spare headlight to practice on. I'll be updating soon!
No the rims what paint did you use

·
Registered
187 Posts

Black on Black. Acura RL wheels are a direct fit with TPMS link up perfectly.

Reactions: odysseyD

·
Registered
187 Posts
Why can’t I do a single post without it duplicating it! Arrgh!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts