Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any expeience with adding the child safety seat tether option to their 1999 Ody? American Honda gave me a part number for a $9.00 part that looks like an
i-bolt. My child seats are in the 2nd row. I am not sure where it goes, but if anyone has any experience I would appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sab2624:
Has anyone had any expeience with adding the child safety seat tether option to their 1999 Ody? American Honda gave me a part number for a $9.00 part that looks like an
i-bolt. My child seats are in the 2nd row. I am not sure where it goes, but if anyone has any experience I would appreciate it.
</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
The tether attachment underneath the second row seats are new for the 2001 model year. Unfortunately for 99 and 00 models you have to run the tether all the way to the rear cargo area.

Chris

------------------
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cwneed:
The tether attachment underneath the second row seats are new for the 2001 model year. Unfortunately for 99 and 00 models you have to run the tether all the way to the rear cargo area.

Chris

</font>
My 2000 EX has the tether anchors welded to the cross bar at the bottom of the 2nd row seats.

For the '99s, Honda has hardware (previous post) you can mount to the cross bar at the bottom of the 2nd row seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Wow, thanks for the clarification exindenver. Did you put the anchors on the seat yourself or did someone do it for you? Does it work well?

Chris

------------------
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cwneed:
Wow, thanks for the clarification exindenver. Did you put the anchors on the seat yourself or did someone do it for you? Does it work well?

Chris
</font>
Anchors came that way from Honda. Haven't used them yet since Alpha Omega car seat is still in rear facing position.


[This message has been edited by exindenver (edited 04-03-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
2000 models did come the the anchor loop under the middle row seats. It even shows it in the manuals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
the part you might have received is for the third row seat. there is a pre-existing hole that is threaded on the floor near the middle of the third row seat for a tethered child seat.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
If you put your child seat on the passenger side, you can hook the tether to the unused floor bracket.

There were a lot of discussion about the tether on edmunds in 1999 when Odyssey just came out, someone claimed to have gotten a solution from American Honda using part # 82410-SE3-C01.

You might want to contact Honda to confirm it and to ask how it is used.

Your other option is to use mountain climbing caribiner to connect the tether to the crossbar under the seat.
(http://www.toolsforstagecraft.com/n319.htm)

Home improvement stores also carries them but be sure to check the load rating.

[This message has been edited by hgani (edited 04-04-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
We just got a 2001 LX, we mounted the car seat teathers (twins) on the 2nd row under the seats themselves. I had to call the dealer to find where to attach them, I was looking for a "clip" to attach, but you actually clip them under the seats themselves. If you want to teather the car seat on the 3rd row, then you will need to install the teather mount, about $10 bucks each (2001 LX).
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top