Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well...............Saabken pointed me in the right direction! He noticed i was lookin for an odyssey, and thought pvp was kinda humming and hawing bout selling his - well, I bought it!! lol.
07 EX-L
Ocean Mist metallic (not my 1st color choice, but will grow on me)
37k kms (23k miles) holy $hit
Pioneer dvd double din head unit
aftermarket rear dvd
polk audio mids
JL W3 8" sub
JL amp

now dealing with the Craigslist BULL$HIT in selling my grand cherokee - people are so damn flaky. My wife is very happy in having a more reliable vehicle, and having more space for going camping etc. future mods won't be many, but once the orginal tires need replacing, 20s will find their way, oem trailer hitch(the best lookin imo, cut bumper cover or not) and HIDs. thinkin bout doin the crossbars,but my wife likes the look of them :rollingeyes:. her car, so I gotta respect that + I have my 06 mustang gt vert with 20s, exhaust and tuned:DD.
Anyhoo, no pix yet, but i'll add em to this thread when i do. Thank you very much Saabken - and i will be here daily........ learnin, livin and lovin!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ken is useful for all sorts of things.. Ask him anything Saab-related too. :D

As for Crossbars, you can get these kind

Saab Combi/Wagon Roof Rack Cross Bars: Saab Accessories, Saab Original & Aftermarket Parts - State of Nine

Look online and they'll sell for cheaper, and bonus is they fit just fine (I have a set, and they fit perfect on my 07 EX).

Honda, Acura and Toyota Accessories probably closest to you on the West Coast or Bernardi Honda located on the east coast for the trailer hitch, ATF and PS cooler. (again I have these on my 07 EX as well).

By the way post pics of the new ride!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx fusionrx........as for the rails, i want to get rid of em'!! I like the cleaner look + the only time we would use em would be at xmas time for the tree --- but we do have a rooftop box we used with out g cherokee so.....btw, will an aftermarket tranny cooler work, or is it just too much a pia? thx man

·
Registered
380 Posts
Have seen aftermarket coolers installed by others, by the way I figure it, the engineers at Honda have already done all the hard work in figuring out what works for the van, so why put in something that is not 'made for the van?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some oem parts are good, but aftermarket is usually better in craftsmanship, performance, and value imo and experience. if there's lots o room, then an aftermarket cooler will go in, bit if it's really tight and the oem is made to fit that tiny space, then i'm s.o.l. and oem it will be.......

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think there are a couple of people on here who have done an aftermarket, but they seem to have used parts that really weren't designed for this car or really anything close to it...

·
Registered
249 Posts
You're welcome Wusthof.

And congrats !!!

Sorry I was remiss in posts. Spent the week in Kona. Funny, lots of Odyssey taxis down there, so Ody was never far from my mind.

Enjoy the ride.

Hope PVP stays around here too.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx....I saw that thread........yea, compared to the oem cooler, aftermarket ones are far superior!, but yea, they are universal in their application - we'll see. gotta get some huskeyliners 1st tho, then hitch - a cooler is just a good idea, even if you're not towing...thx meng!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts