Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our Ody yesterday and installed our carseats today. THANKS to this board my kids' seats are as tight or tighter than they have ever been in any car we have had (even when a big burly fireman did it and I did these myself).

Here's my question (okay -- so it turns out to be SEVERAL questions). Our kids are 9 months and 2.5 years. The 9 month old is (of course) still rear-facing and is somewhat small for her age. The 2.5 year old is of average size. We are currently using a Century infant seat with base for the baby and a Century Smart Move seat forward facing for the toddler (he's well over 30 pounds which is the rear-facing limit of that seat). We would like to take advantage of the EZ Latch system because the infant seat, even if she doesn't outgrow the weight is only recommended up to one year. With so few EZ latch choices, it took us a while to figure out what to do and I still am not sure our plan makes sense (that's the main question -- tell me if this sounds crazy):

We ordered a Britax Freeway Plus for the toddler b/c it is fitted with the EZ latch system and seems to be considered an excellent seat. We plan to switch the baby to the Century Smart Move rear facing until she's ready to turn around and then use the Freeway Plus. Once that happens (which will probably be a while -- she is less than 18 lbs now), we are hoping that the Britax Super Elite will be available and fitted with EZ latch and we will buy that for our toddler (for what will likely be his 4th and final carseat). Does that make sense? Also, I seem to recall that burly fireman having a tough time getting a good fit with the Smart Move rear facing in our Taurus b/c of the reclining feature. Is this something I should consider? Also, will the Century retrofit kit work with carseats in the rear facing position? And would that help the fit issue? Or should I just suck it up and get her a Britax Roundabout (and possibly even forget the Freeway Plus with EZ latch now)? Also, the straps on our Smart Move seem to be very prone to twist. Does anyone know whether Century will sell replacement straps? Do any of these carseats have particular fit issues with the Odyssey?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

------------------
Carrie
2002 EXL-RES RRP

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Adam -- I figured I would still have to give it my all even with the LATCH, but it's good to have that confirmation. My husband, I think, finds it amusing that I am so obessed with having the carseats tight (but he appreciates the results).

A side question for you: how do you post with the offset quote?

------------------
Carrie
2002 EXL-RES RRP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.