Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wifes 99 Oasis got backed into, happened while the car was parked at work, unfortionately it's a shared lot with other buildings and the person who did it just drove off. I was able to pull most of it out myself, but the bumper is still a little saggy on the drivers side, I'll have to take care of that later.

Here are some pictures she took shortly after the accident, the car is in a different spot, obviously they didn't back into from the grassy area:

·
Registered
947 Posts
That really stinks. Any chance you have full coverage on it with a low deductible? Really sorry to see that.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have full coverage, but the deductible is 500, so it's hardly worth it. It turned out pretty good from me straitening it, I just need to raise the bumper slightly on the drivers side yet.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The hardest part is probably the hood. You may get creases when straightening it out. Other than that as long as no paint is lost you should get it back pretty well.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That sucks.

A truck once pulled the bumper (!) clear off the front of my Accord at work once, in the pouring rain no less.

Depressing being told what happened to your ride and you go outside in the pouring rain looking at your bumper on the ground next to your car, while getting drenched.

Thankfully the Dodge Ram hubcap thing fell off while ripping my bumper off ...

I went back to work the next day and matched it to the only Dodge Ram missing one, and phoned the police soon after. Ended up writing me a check.

Funny enough it was someone who I knew, and had no previous disdain for. He walked into the conference room with the police officer and I, and we both look at each other like "crap".

Said he thought he felt something while pulling out of his parking spot but wasn't really sure ... Heh.

Anyway man, might want to see if you can find any green paint on any of the cars in the work place - just in case. There aren't a lot of green cars running around, so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That sucks.

How could someone pop you that hard and then drive off, or no one see it...

This happened to the boss here one day, but was caught on our freshly installed security cams... hi def none the less. Lady pulled in behind and popped the car good, at least a 10 mph hit, then pulled out and hit it on the way out.

Cameras got a clear shot of the woman, her unflinching facial expressions and her license plate.

It was street parking, the lady was local and the cops had a field day. I think she got like 4 tickets....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts