Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone with an odyssey 2009 touring experiencing this, today my odyssey changed the year from 2021 to 2002 and the time was also an hour ahead, everything was working fine as of Dec 31 and today all got messed up.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Same thing happened to us. It actually started with Dec 31 then we saw May 18 and then Jan 1 2002.

Edit: wife said May 18...

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,435 Posts
Have you tried setting it to 2022 manually?

Microsoft has had an issue with the year rollover in Microsoft Exchange. I wonder if Honda's system has the same problem...

From this article:
Microsoft is apparently using signed int32 variable to store the value of a date. This has a maximum value of 2,147,483,647, and security researcher Joseph Roosen mentions (via Bleeping Computer,) dates in the year 2022 have a minimum value of 2,201,010,001 or larger
It wouldn't surprise me if something similar is happening with Honda's software. If so...I wonder if Honda would even address it for a car this old.

Reactions: t-rd

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Nope not yet. I did say to adjust manually but not sure if that happened. I don't think she even tried or she would have said something. I have to try that myself in the morning as I have to do some engine work. Just doing some prep work now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Had to check my van.

Display says January 2002. :eek:
Time says 10:15 when it is currently 6:40am o_O
Yet little lcd display is showing correct time fwiw.

I thought this was supposed to be a problem around 1999/2000 ? ? ? ;)
lol.

How could this happen?
Solar flare(s)? ? ?

How will we survive? :)

Reactions: Josephinenc

·
Administrator
14,505 Posts
Can you guys please also post your Navigation system software version? I will check mine in a bit. I have not even seen a date on our 2007 system (slightly different than the 08-10).

This may be a software issue of the NAV system and we may need to finally spend money on an upgrade disk.

I just went and checked mine. I run Software version 4.C0 and the date and time are correct. In the 2007, the date/time are NOT displayed on the NAV screen. The small digital clock was right and so is the calendar/time in the NAV system along with the correct date of Jan 2, 2022.

Reactions: DennisDragon

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just checked my 2007, no issues with date and time, running with 2019 NAV disk.
Database version: 4.H0
Software version: 2.81.00

1/2/2022 Edit: Car is in garage and has not received satellite signal since last year.

1/3/2022 Update: Drove the car around today. Calendar jumped to January 2002 as soon as satellite signal was received. Clock in the Nav screen broken but the LCD clock is still okay.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Automotive design Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Auto part

2008 - EX-L, not sure what version my cd is... couldn't figure out how to get it out. LoL...Press the open button on the unit under the seat... But nothing happen.

·
Administrator
14,505 Posts
Reactions: kaimanson

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,435 Posts
Perhaps Honda fixed the bug I mentioned above in a recent software update.

Reactions: dvpatel

·
Administrator
14,505 Posts
On that subject. Apparently, the 2021 update is the end of the road for our NAV systems. :D

NOTES
This 2021 Map Update will be the final map update release for this system and will be available while supplies last.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Mine is old. 2008 Touring,SW 1.66.00, DB 4.36, US. Display now shows 7:16 Jan 1, 2002 Clock 10:16.
I tried to adjust in Setup. I set both Auto lines to Off but still CANNOT adjust clock. Shows 12:00. +/- numbers change but then go back to 12:00 as soon as you stop. Maybe I have to lookup info on how to adjust clock manually. Entire clock is now wrong leave alone the date.

Kaimanson, in Setup, System Information gives you info.

Vehicle Gadget Personal luxury car Font Plant

Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Administrator
14,505 Posts
Mine is old. 2008 Touring,SW 1.66.00, DB 4.36, US. Display now shows 7:16 Jan 1, 2002 Clock 10:16.
I tried to adjust in Setup. I set both Auto lines to Off but still CANNOT adjust clock. Shows 12:00. +/- numbers change but then go back to 12:00 as soon as you stop. Maybe I have to lookup info on how to adjust clock manually. Entire clock is now wrong leave alone the date.

Kaimanson, in Setup, System Information gives you info.

View attachment 166079
Wow. 4.36 huh? That is likely what came with your Oddy. You never updated it?

·
Administrator
14,505 Posts
I used to update my s/w regularly. I may be able to make some $$ on the old disks. I think after version 4.56A is when the new DST was updated from what I gather.

·
Administrator
14,505 Posts
@surgeon, did you buy your 2008 new? I have a 2007 R & N which I purchased in Aug of 2007. It came with version 4.56A from the factory and I had to fight with the dealer to get the version 4.64 upgrade as they had promised a free upgrade for the new DST. I am at a loss as to how your 2008 model as version 4.36 disk.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
@dvpatel no. I bought used (from individual/private party) in 2016 and not sure if previous owners did any updates at all. This must be the first disk in there from factory. Urgh. I better start searching for a used disk more recent than this.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Is there a way to update software or is it only via another disk?

1 - 20 of 296 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.