Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so the Ody doesn't have a dead pedal. Chuck has tried a couple of things, but nothing is truly a great solution yet. (Although, the floor mat fabric tacked to a wood backing looks like the best and least invasive...)

Now, it occurred to me to check, and it seems that the MDX has a dead pedal....hmmmm......

You don't suppose the platforms are similar enough that the MDX dead pedal would install in an Ody, do you?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like your 86 Accord pedal, but I'm scrupulously staying away from anything that will require cutting, drilling, or otherwise piercing the vehicle. This will be my wife's car.

You can bet I'll take a drive to the Acura dealer for a look-see.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
I like your 86 Accord pedal, but I'm scrupulously staying away from anything that will require cutting, drilling, or otherwise piercing the vehicle</font>
How do you expect to attach the dead pedal to the van?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the MDX dead pedal goes in a factory location, that's fine. I'm just trying like hell to stay away from serious mods, because this one won't be mine and the wife is, shall we say, skeptical of my enthusiasm sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I loved the dead pedal in my '86 Accord....

A quick idea for attaching a dead pedal without drilling into the sheet metal. I use this technique for amplifier installation underneath seats of cars...

Place a backing plate of some kind underneath the carpet, into which you can rigidly mount the amp (or pedal) in this case. use screws/bolts to "sandwich" the carpet. If the carpet is not rigid enough for your application, use a strong tack adhesive to bond your backing plate to the chassis.

Just an idea....

-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts