Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The connector ON the seat itself- the head rest is totally fine.

I'm flustered.... because it isn't a car ending thing.... but expensive or tendious to take apart and its really uncomfortable and probably unsafe without a headrest or a floppy headrest

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
+1 on a photo please... give us an idea of what youre trying to tackle.

assuming the rod is stuck flush in the top of the seat hole.

maybe a powerful strontium or neodymium magnet on it, will give you enough to pull it out and get some vice grips on it.

otherwise use some jb weld.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry its not the headset POST that's busted.... its the INSERT on the seat- it somehow broke inside causing it to wable...

I got in through the back zippers but couldn't do all of much... thought of duck taping the thing....

Honestly a new seat might be the only fix as ridiculous does that sounds. Those internals for the post inserts are busted right in half

·
Registered
2015 Honda Odyssey EX-L Smoky Topaz Metallic
341 Posts
The Honda estore site has the part listed it is #7 on this site Honda driver seat parts It looks like the leather and cloth version seats have the same part numbers. There are different PNs for the different color seats, but you just want functionality, so if the dealer could get any color...

You may want to check out auto dismantlers and get a decent condition headrest insert, used seat or back portion of the seat. If you still have the 2002, all of the same vintage seats will be a couple decades old and the headrest insert may be brittle. Clearly if Honda parts sells the inserts, there is a way for mere mortals to remove and replace the inserts. Availability would be the key.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Most likely it's two long plastic tubes that go down there and clip into two metal holes. If the part is below the sear cover, you will have to remove that to replace. Sometimes there are 2 zippers down the back that close it up. This may free up enough material. The material is usually held on with hog-rings that can be undone and reinstalled with needle nose pliers.

Interesting that this part is an SH3. That means this moulded shape was first developed/used on a 1988 3 door Civic LOL.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sorry its not the headset POST that's busted.... its the INSERT on the seat- it somehow broke inside causing it to wable...

I got in through the back zippers but couldn't do all of much... thought of duck taping the thing....

Honestly a new seat might be the only fix as ridiculous does that sounds. Those internals for the post inserts are busted right in half
Goes to show it wasn't 'safe' to begin with. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Yeah, it breaks after 20 years of use. o_O Maybe we gotta check those sketchy safety belts too!:ROFLMAO:
Here's the removal guide from my '07 service manual.
Font Triangle Circle Drawing Balance

·
Registered
218 Posts
even junk yards?
EDIT:

EDIT:
another thought - if 3-rd row seat headrest guides are the same as the for front seats and if you don't intend to have passenger on that 3-rd row seat, see if you can remove one from (a middle one?) and install it in place of front seat's guide.
The headrests' posts are the same and interchangable, therefore, I assume, that the guides are the same, too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts