Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My toddler ran his plastic lawnmower across the ody and now we have a few faint scratches. Actually, we are not sure if it is a scratch or if the plastic from the lawnmower is on the car. We tried washing it, but can still see/feel it. Any suggestions - besides banning the lawnmower around the van!

·
Registered
596 Posts
You might try a clay bar first. Then, maybe a one step cleaner/wax, such as Meguiar's. One of those should remove the stuff and you will not take a chance with your paint.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
86 Posts
If the clay bar does not resolve the scratches, you may want to try wet sanding. It is not a process to take lightly, but if done correctly it can correct many clear coat scratches. (I have been able to correct many scratches that were to deep to correct with buffing.)
If you are not confident with wet sanding, take it to a good body shop and they can do it.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Whoa, hold off on wet sanding!

I had a couple of light scratches that were completely removed by very light rubbing with white polishing compound. I just used the tip of my finger as an applicator. This allowed me to control the pressure and area that I touched very well.

Mel

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK, I give up . What is a clay bar and how do you use it? I'm a soon to be new
2002 ODY SS EX owner and it's never too early to learn this stuff.
Thanks, Elsie
P.S. GO YANKEES!!!

[This message has been edited by ODYETTA (edited 10-25-2001).]

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
The first and easiest thing I would do is Klasse All-In-One. Beyond just washing, it is the least destructive thing you can do that will also leave a protective finish behind. Clay is excellent for removing embedded crud from the paint, but I doubt the plastic mower would have shoved anything into the paint that AIO wouldn't be able to get off. (I mean, unless the plastic mower was running at the time)
If it truly is a scratch, a bit of rubbing compound will be your friend.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX
1997 EV1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts