Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Should fit like a charm???

Looking at the following mild wheel/tire upgrade..

16X7.5 wheel 50mm offset (since its the same offset as the OEM 6.5 the additional width is split evenly with 1/2inch on inside and outside).

A 235/55X16. Section width is only 0.3>0.6 inch's greater than the 225/60X16. Tread width is about 1 inch wider..

From reading almost all the notes on this topic I know the 235/60X16 is a popular replacement for the 225/60X16 and there have never been any clearance issues with that size which has same section width as a 235/55..

Anyone see any issues with this tire combination I have selected..

(Its also 98 load rated and is even 3lbs lighter than the OEM setup) Total pkg is $1200 CDN

·
Registered
17 Posts
tryptofaniac said:
What is the bolt pattern for the ody, or, where can i find it, and bolt patterns of other oddesseys to check for compatibility?
I know it's an old thread, but figured I'd add this for others that may search for this info. 1st Gen (95-98) lug pattern is 5x114.3.

·
Registered
215 Posts
CashStrapped said:
BMW wheels do NOT fit on the 2005+ Ody because the 12mm lug holes are too small for 14mm studs!
Actually, I was able to test mount a set of 18" BMW rims and they do mount up. However, since the offset are different, the BMW wheels stick out quite bit and Honda lugs nuts do not tighten down as far on the BMW rims either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm considering a set of aftermarket 18" x 8" wheels that have a 35 offset. Would those work on a 2006 Odyssey touring? The beginning of this thread stated the lowest offset reading for an 18" wheel to be 40, but the tire dealer said it should be fine. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or comments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
'07 Accord EX v6 '17 rims, will they work

I have an extra set of 17 inch rims from an '07 Accord EX V6. I think the rims are pretty nice and I would like to use them as replacements for my '07 Ody PAX system. Has anyone else tried this swap and are the rims correct for the '07 Ody?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a factory set of steel rims from my 2001 Ody and I trded it in for a 2010 model. Can these rims be used on the 2010 with new tires?

·
Registered
631 Posts
22's is good only if you want a donky donk van. Ride quality is stiffer that your kidneys will bounce to reach your cerebellum with every road imperfection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
DE PAX 2005 Touring

2008 MDX 5 Spoke 18inch wheels
255/55/18 Michelin Lattitude Tour HP
New 2005 TPMS

About 2mm clearance to the rear shocks, but no rub

What a wonderful ride, handling and no PAX shimmy

_MG_6938.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought a 96, has oem steel wheels. ive heard that the wheels from a 99 v6 accord will fit, i know its the same lug pattern, but someone told me that the center bore is bigger on the odyssey and the accord wheels wont clear. they are 15x6 accord wheels that i want to put on it.. anyone have any insight on my delima?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts