Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call at 6pm from a dealer in SoCal. They have a Granite Green EX-L available at MSRP, and do I want it? HELL YEAH! So I'm flying down tomorrow morning to do the deal and drive the van back home (400 miles). Redrock Pearl was my first choice and Granite Green my second, but I prefer the Fern leather to the Quartz.
So my wait ended up being less than two weeks! I don't know if I'll sleep much tonight! Yippee!
I'll give an update on Monday when I should have driven the van home and played with all the gadgets - my first minivan!

Richard

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pearsonrj:
Got a call at 6pm from a dealer in SoCal. They have a Granite Green EX-L available at MSRP, and do I want it? HELL YEAH! So I'm flying down tomorrow morning to do the deal and drive the van back home (400 miles). Redrock Pearl was my first choice and Granite Green my second, but I prefer the Fern leather to the Quartz.
So my wait ended up being less than two weeks! I don't know if I'll sleep much tonight! Yippee!
I'll give an update on Monday when I should have driven the van home and played with all the gadgets - my first minivan!

Richard
</font>
Which dealer did you get it from? Good luck with your new van. It will be practically broken in by the time you get back home.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer is Spreen Honda in Loma Linda. Just got back from flying down this morning. 430 mile return trip in 6.5 hours. Phew! Ralph Grahan was my salesperson, and he treated me really well. In and out in just under two hours - most of that time was doing a credit check as I wrote them a personal check for the Odyssey. Took a copy of the pre-delivery checklist from this site, which came in useful - everything worked fine and looked good. They applied a little pressure to buy the 7/100 warranty for $1295 (NO!), and buy the 'already-installed by Honda for shipping' alarm system (never heard of it) for $395 (also NO!). Just bought the van at MSRP, no add-ons.
I'd recommend Spreen, it really was very easy. The drive back was obviously enjoyable but fairly boring (trying to vary RPMs on the freeway is difficult with an automatic). The van drives REALLY nicely though, very solid and good acceleration - I kept it below 3,000 rpm for the first 100 miles then below 4,000 rpm after that (rarely got over 2,500 rpm in fact - the van cruises at around 80 mph at 2,000 rpm!). The stereo seems perfectly adequate. I loved the space, even with just me in it - not huge but a good size, and fits in our garage next to our Taurus wagon quite comfortably. Only thing I noticed is that the steering wheel is slightly off-center when the van is driving straight forward - I'm sure I can get it taken care of at the first service.

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts