Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
He did respond to my comment and explained his reasoning for going through with the counterfeit kit:
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Monochrome photography Number

I think he forgot that he changed the link to the timing belt kit in the description when the original link was unavailable.

Reactions: jiantao

·
Registered
402 Posts
That doesn't make sense at all, if you click on the updated amazon link in the original video, it leads to yet ANOTHER counterfeit kit. This is extremely misleading for his audience especially those that don't watch the whole video and go straight to the comment section clicking on the Amazon link. Fine for him with over 10 cars at his dispense while doing his own experiments, but completely NOT OK for some families with just 1 car. And he was fudging with the CKP sensor using self tapping screws straight into the oil pump, just wow.

The only J-series timing belt video I trust completely is the one for Honda Pilot from South Main Auto done by Eric O.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That doesn't make sense at all, if you click on the updated amazon link in the original video, it leads to yet ANOTHER counterfeit kit.
I think he forgot that he changed the link to the timing belt kit in the description when the original link was unavailable.

·
Registered
402 Posts
ETCG fessed up to the fake kit. I bet that tow charge cost way more than the car + the fake kit combined.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The only J-series timing belt video I trust completely is the one for Honda Pilot from South Main Auto done by Eric O.
I agree.
Being a good mechanic means not only you know your stuff, but you should also be capable of making sound decisions about parts like SMA. Notice that Eric also used the Aisin kit for his customers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's all straight forward except the crank marks. There are a couple. Which if misaligned, you are toast.

You have to align the crank sprocket to the correct mark.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That doesn't make sense at all, if you click on the updated amazon link in the original video, it leads to yet ANOTHER counterfeit kit. This is extremely misleading for his audience especially those that don't watch the whole video and go straight to the comment section clicking on the Amazon link. Fine for him with over 10 cars at his dispense while doing his own experiments, but completely NOT OK for some families with just 1 car. And he was fudging with the CKP sensor using self tapping screws straight into the oil pump, just wow.
I just checked the link out of curiosity and its true. I'm sure ETCG knows this and was too lazy to link the RockAuto Aisin kit. Good thing Amazon reviews are warning future customers. I left him a decent comment on the TL timing belt replacement video.

Edit Reason: Grammar

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am posting pictures of an OEM Yamada water pump vs. an counterfeit water pump. Note the details of the eagle and the fatter HONDA logo. Top picture is OEM, bottom is counterfeit. OEM pump is mine, I pulled counterfeit pump picture from acurazine.com from an Acura TL

These counterfeiters went to length to make a jig that closely matches OEM.

Automotive tire Tread Wheel Tire Grey

Motor vehicle Grey Font Grave Gas

21 - 30 of 30 Posts