Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a 2001 Odyssey but am wondering what the total width (including the two side mirros) is.

I saw 76.3 on some websites but does that include the side mirrors?

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Hi Will, welcome to the site.

I don't have my service manual in front of me, so I can't tell you.

We have a double garage with two single doors. I have about 3" on each side when I'm driving through the door. I decided to keep the Ody outside.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
Hi Will, welcome to the site.

I don't have my service manual in front of me, so I can't tell you.

We have a double garage with two single doors. I have about 3" on each side when I'm driving through the door. I decided to keep the Ody outside.

</font>
I have a double garage too.
And I decided to park my Ody outside, although I can put the Ody in the garage.
On sunday, there was a hail warning and so I moved my Ody inside. In order to avoid a scratch, I folded driver-side mirror. And then there was no problem. I saw my neighbor parked his Ody always always inside although he has a double garage.
If we need a big car such as mini van and SUV, this garage issue will be arisen.
Do I have to sell my house to keep the Ody ?
------------
Byron
'01 SS EX, air deflector, cargo tray, splash guard, two cargo mats, Xbars, Wheel locks, Striker covers, cassette player, fog lights

[This message has been edited by bwmin (edited 05-08-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think the total width is closer to 85".

I have a minimum size 2 car garage, but won't leave the cars outside. I almost never even have the cars on the driveway. Too easy to damage them, so I back the Ody in on the left side as you face the garage every time I park it. Wife's car goes in nose first on the right.

I'm paranoid about the space (or lack of it) but I still want to be able to open the hatch while in the garage. My tool chest is right behind the hatch and there is only about 4-8" of play front to back for where it gets parked without bumping into something. THIS SUCKER IS LONG! It's a royal pain in the, uh, butt. It's like parking in a shoebox.

Radio Shack has a parking aid for the garage (about $35) that works pretty well and it's helped a lot for positioning front to rear and I just cut the wheel hard for the last foot or two to put the right mirror as close as possible to the wall.

I've had this puppy over six months and still can't park it as tight as I did the 4Runner, though. So far I do keep getting a little better every month, so maybe in a year or so I'll be more comfortable with parking it.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 05-08-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts