Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was in Kohl's with my wife and daughter some jerk hit our Odyssey. It looks like someone misjudged the size of our Odyssey while pulling into their spot. Needless to say these days - no note was left. I looked for a while and I could not find a car with my SS paint on it.

Our Odyssey is 1 month old today and will be going back to the dealer for paint work.

Luckily, the damage was confined to the plastic bumper even though it is on the passenger side of the car. The a sheet metal was not touched.

I will post a picture of the damage tomorrow. I thought about going the touchup route but I want the car to look like new for a while longer. I hope the dealer repair will not cost too much.

Peter

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Ouch. I'm glad it was just the bumper. Body shops can match the paint easily these days. I wouldn't worry about the repair too much. Just be thankful it wasn't worse.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
392 Posts
Glad it was not worse. At least the sheet metal was untouched. The bumper should not be a problem to repair.

The person who hit you must be a teen driver or a senior citizen. I've seen cars been hit by another in parking lots all the time here in Southern California. And you know what, approx. 60% were senior citizens, 30% young teens, and 10% bad drivers.

Hope the repair goes well.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If I recall correctly, at least here in Michigan, it's called Broad Form Collision.
One of the benefits comes into play when your car is damaged when legally parked --- no deductable.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I brought the car into the dealer yesterday. They quoted me $350 to remove the rear bumper, repaint it and put it back on. They said it would take 3 days.

It doesn't make sense to make a claim on $350. The insurance premium increase would be more then the $350.

Peter

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by famguy:
Glad it was not worse. At least the sheet metal was untouched. The bumper should not be a problem to repair.

The person who hit you must be a teen driver or a senior citizen. I've seen cars been hit by another in parking lots all the time here in Southern California. And you know what, approx. 60% were senior citizens, 30% young teens, and 10% bad drivers.

Hope the repair goes well.
</font>
I beg to differ; they were undoubtedly 100% bad drivers...
;^)

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts