Honda Odyssey Forum banner
321 - 340 of 387 Posts
I noticed that if the front wipers were on while in reverse that the rear wipers automatically turn on. This is important for me for me in Canada if I don't want to break or burn out the rear wiper motor, since I don't always completely de-ice the rear wiper before backing down my driveway, but my front wipers are often on to remove a layer of frost or snow.

Is there anyway to turn this off?

Didn't see a response to this, so sorry if I missed it. Find myself in a similar situation so thought I'd ask.

We bought a new 2015 Touring yesterday in the northwest Chicago suburbs. The salesman at the dealership was new and I suspect wasn't very familiar with the delivery procedures. When we've bought Odysseys in the past they've walked us through all the features and showed us some basic setup. Yesterday we got none of that. We also almost drove off without the RES remote and wireless headphones. I thought to look through the vehicle and noticed they were missing and so asked, at which point they were given to us. So, it makes we wonder: what else was missed? Hopefully someone can either point me to a standard list, or based on what I received (below) let me know if anything is missing. Here's what I was given:

2 keys (which, based on a forum search, I understand is normal)
Owner's guide (which is MUCH thinner than the one for our 2009 Odyssey)
Owner's CD
Consumer information booklet
RES remote and headphones (once we asked for them).

How many floor mats should I have received?
Anything else that may be missing?

There is a larger Owners manual that you can get by calling Honda or registering online and requesting it. I was wondering why there is no maintenance schedule like all the older cars had.

There is a larger Owners manual that you can get by calling Honda or registering online and requesting it. I was wondering why there is no maintenance schedule like all the older cars had.
Can you say more about how to get the larger manual? The schedule isn't listed because it's dependent on driving factors. There's a list of what the service needs to be based upon the letters and numbers in the displays.

Can you say more about how to get the larger manual? The schedule isn't listed because it's dependent on driving factors. There's a list of what the service needs to be based upon the letters and numbers in the displays.
Just go to the Honda Owners Site and request for the printed manual.

A printed Owner's Manual, Navigation Manual, and Warranty Booklet are complimentary to the first registered owner, up to six months after vehicle purchase. These manuals require a valid VIN and mailing address. Order now.To purchase printed manuals, you can order online or contact:
Helm Incorporated
(800) 782-4356

M-F 8AM – 6PM EST

Nice. Is it free? The 2016 manuals don't seem to be available. It sounds like it's just a printed version of the PDF manual, but that's still nice.

Oh I see its free now. Hopefully they'll put up the 16s!

16 now available. Just requested them. Just hope there's a mental therapy section for when you're frustrated by the computer having so little access to control anything while moving.

To get this thread back on track....how bout this one.

When vehicle is in reverse, slide the mirror selector switch to either side to have the corresponding outside mirror angle downwards so you can see the curb when paralllel parking.
I've just tried this on my (new) 2011 odyssey but with no luck. was it just for earlier generations?

Works for me, and it worked for me on the 12 and 16 TEs. Maybe it's a trim level thing. I don't know that I've seen it work on the driver's side, but I always have it set for the passenger side.

I've just tried this on my (new) 2011 odyssey but with no luck. was it just for earlier generations?
Not sure if it's a trim level thing or if it just need to be set. Try this... Have the mirror selector to the passenger side, then put the van in reverse, then adjust the mirror (while in reverse). Then put the van back in drive and see if the mirror moves back.

Not sure if it's a trim level thing or if it just need to be set. Try this... Have the mirror selector to the passenger side, then put the van in reverse, then adjust the mirror (while in reverse). Then put the van back in drive and see if the mirror moves back.
It is a trim level thing...I believe it is only Touring Elite.

The 2014/15 TE has it. But not sure of it can be changed in the personalized settings.

EDIT: It can be changed so that when you touch the drivers door all doors will unlock.
Could you please share how to change this so that touching the driver's door unlocks all the doors, not just the driver?

And how do I change the lock situation once IN the car so it doesn't auto lock all the doors?

I have teens and we are in and out of the car all the time - since I now don't have to have the keys out all the time, no way do I want to be fumbling for the key fob to unlock their doors along with mine (or make them wait until after I open my door). And I don't want to have to unlock the doors when we arrive at a destination and they are ready to hop out to go. Thanks!

Just bought a 2016 EX-L with NAVI, upgrading from a 2005 EX-L so this is like a totally different car!

Reading this thread has been really helpful already - I'm a little wary of the navi now, but I was really unsafe looking at my phone in my 2005 with after market Bluetooth so I wanted to add it. Now I'm not so sure I'll be able to ditch Waze for the NAVI screen?

Anyway, my other question (besides the two about locks above) is if it's possible to change the 3" window situation - that the doors won't open unless the windows are only down 3" or less?

This sounds insane but our dog knows how to roll the window down herself and pretty much does so every time we get in the car unless I child lock the window. That's fine when I'm just city driving and usually it's on the way to pick the kids up from school. But if the door won't open unless I put it back up, that's a real pain! I know - sounds crazy but when you multiply every time you go somewhere with the whole window down, window back up to open door routine, it will get old fast!

So can I - or the dealer - change that feature to off?

Thanks in advance!

PS I do miss the two cups holders in the very front that popped out instead of one and the second glove box. And the most bizarre thing to me is that the 2nd row captains chairs have no inside armrests if you take out the center seat! And they had cup holders on the side of those seats, now nothing unless that middle seat is in and flipped down. We're pretty bummed about that - my teen girls had really gotten used to both of those features in the way back when 2005!

Locks: Two settings, one for keyless, the other for remote button
(1) press settings, >vehicle settings, >keyless access, >door unlock, >all.
(2) Settings, >vehicle settings, >door, >key & remote, >all

Auto Lock: Settings, >vehicle settings, >door, >auto lock, >off.

(2014 owners manual, pages 316-317)

Not sure where to post this but...

I've been trying to find specs and differences between year models but cant seem to find one. I know 2014, they did some minor changes to the 4th gen but I am not sure if there are any differences between 2014, 2015 and 2016. Sorry if this question has been posted but I tried searching and came up empty. So are there any differences between year models for the same trims? EX-L/Touring/TE? TIA.

321 - 340 of 387 Posts