Honda Odyssey Forum banner
341 - 360 of 387 Posts
Not sure simply edmunds.com is the answer. I don't believe there are changes other than nav software and progressive fixes that don't hit the radar.

Probably you can get Honda Care. How long ago was it bought?

In our case, the lift gate touched our garage door and I put foam on the bottom of the door. Later. I had a "duh" moment and checked the automatic door opener and, sure enough, there was an adjustment, which allowed me to have the door open high enough to avoid contact.
Good luck, Jerry O.
Jerry - can you please enlighten me on your "duh" moment? I'm having the same issue as the lift gate is hitting my garage door and I can't find out how to make this adjustment (2016 EX-L) Thanks in advance!

Jerry - can you please enlighten me on your "duh" moment? I'm having the same issue as the lift gate is hitting my garage door and I can't find out how to make this adjustment (2016 EX-L) Thanks in advance!
You have to make adjustment to your garage door opener to open it fully. Check your garage door manual. Typically there are two knobs in the garage door head unit which makes adjustment to the opening of the garage. Varies by model though.

I think Jerry was making the adjustment to his garage door. It's possible to adjust the "travel" to control how much it opens or closes.

You have to make adjustment to your garage door opener to open it fully. Check your garage door manual. Typically there are two knobs in the garage door head unit which makes adjustment to the opening of the garage. Varies by model though.
I think Jerry was making the adjustment to his garage door. It's possible to adjust the "travel" to control how much it opens or closes.
Thanks guys, played around with it and created a hybrid solution (adjusted garage door a bit and but the pipe liner as well)

Just a thought, but to have inner arm rests could you switch the two outboard seats of the middle row? Since I'm always the driver I don't even know if the doors have enough of an arm rest on their own (where it'd be like having arm rests on both sides of the seat)... So I don't know if my suggestion would even help. But if they prefer to lean towards to middle of the vehicle then it may still be helpful.

We bought a new 2016 Special Edition a couple of months ago and have been having intermittent issues with the auto sliding doors. Every few days they won't open automatically. Not with the fob. Not when you pull the door handle. Not with the button up front. Yes, the doors are turned on, all the obvious stuff is how it should be. The van can be on, it can be off, doesn't matter. So I have to manually pull it open, and then manually shut it (even if I turn the van on after opening it, but before shutting it). But! After that first inconvenience of the day it will work fine. I'm a stay at home mom and we don't leave the house often, so I'd say about half of the time that first door opening it won't work. So inconvenient!!! I took it to the dealership and left it with them for a couple of days (needed it back for a doctor appointment). They couldn't replicate the issue so it couldn't be fixed. They don't know why it's happening and haven't heard of the issue before. Ugh. I just want my doors to function. Has anyone else been as unfortunate as I? :(

We bought a new 2016 Special Edition a couple of months ago and have been having intermittent issues with the auto sliding doors. Every few days they won't open automatically. Not with the fob. Not when you pull the door handle. Not with the button up front. Yes, the doors are turned on, all the obvious stuff is how it should be. The van can be on, it can be off, doesn't matter. So I have to manually pull it open, and then manually shut it (even if I turn the van on after opening it, but before shutting it). But! After that first inconvenience of the day it will work fine. I'm a stay at home mom and we don't leave the house often, so I'd say about half of the time that first door opening it won't work. So inconvenient!!! I took it to the dealership and left it with them for a couple of days (needed it back for a doctor appointment). They couldn't replicate the issue so it couldn't be fixed. They don't know why it's happening and haven't heard of the issue before. Ugh. I just want my doors to function. Has anyone else been as unfortunate as I? :(
Are your rear windows open when the doors won't open automatically? I was reading earlier in the thread that there is a safety feature that disables the doors when the windows are open (in case someone's head is out the window). I hope this helps.

I guess I'll have to check, but I don't think we've ever had trouble opening the doors with the windows open. The fuel filler door on the other hand…

I've got three young kids and I'm worried about the automatic doors catching a hand, arm, leg or head. If it encounters resistance, will it stop and release automatically or keep pushing? I was going to test it on a bag or something but didn't want to break the door.

Directly from the owner's manual:

Each sliding door has a pinch sensor on the front edge. Do not damage this sensor, or the power sliding door may not operate properly.

It also says do not allow anyone or anyone's extremities to get in the path of the door or death or serious injury can occur. But, yes, it will reverse it's travel when that pinch sensor is pushed or the door encounters resistance. Just like your garage door I recommend testing it to make sure it works. I often push the pinch sensor on the doors just to make sure they reverse. I also push backwards on the outside handle when the door is in motion to see if slowing it will make it reverse.

I got a new 2016 Ody EX-L 2 months ago. I realized that if my gas cap door is open, the sliding door on that side will not open. And correctly so since it will hit the gas cap! Well thought out on this one :)

I got a new 2016 Ody EX-L 2 months ago. I realized that if my gas cap door is open, the sliding door on that side will not open. And correctly so since it will hit the gas cap! Well thought out on this one :)
It's been working like that for ages.

Btw my new 2016 Ody is approaching the 1000 mile mark. The sales guy said to stop by a honda dealer for a "pit stop" checkup. The dealer I bought the car from is 60 miles away. So I'll have to go to my nearby dealer.

But is this needed? I can check basic things like fluid levels. Have any of y'all done this?

thanks

The "pit stop" the sales guy mentioned is almost certainly just a visual check for fluid levels and leaks. You can do this just as well in your driveway, while saving 120 miles of driving. :)

Dave

Looking for Maintenance guide

Hi folks. I'm still new around here, so forgive me if this question has already been addressed. I am the owner of a 2013 Honda Odyssey TE and now that my warranty related issues have all lapsed, I am looking to get a maintenance/repair manual for my vehicle. Usually I run over to Auto Zone or some local place like that, but I figured I'd just look online and I'm having a little trouble locating the manual for my vehicle. Does anyone know where I could find one? Thanks a bunch for any help. Luckily I'm not having any issues, but I always like to be prepared if something should arise.

341 - 360 of 387 Posts