Honda Odyssey Forum banner
361 - 380 of 387 Posts
I forgot one.

6. Extended Honda Care warranties can (and probably should) be bought from any Honda dealership, not just the one selling the vehicle. There are salesmen online willing to sell an extended warranty for less than $1,500 while my dealer in particular originally quoted a price of $2,500 if I remember correctly! I mentioned getting the deal online and they immediately dropped their price to be competitive, however.
Hi - do you happen to have any links to online sources who sell the Canadian version of the warranty?

for those with a hdd in their ody, i found that the artist, album, song information displayed for a recorded cd is based on a static copy of the gracenote database (cddb). I recorded/imported a brand new cd and no title information was displayed. Here is the website describing how to update the database:

http://www.navteq.com/gracenote/honda/index.html

this website no longer provides access to this

Just bought a 2016 EX-L with NAVI, upgrading from a 2005 EX-L so this is like a totally different car!

PS I do miss the two cups holders in the very front that popped out instead of one and the second glove box. And the most bizarre thing to me is that the 2nd row captains chairs have no inside armrests if you take out the center seat! And they had cup holders on the side of those seats, now nothing unless that middle seat is in and flipped down. We're pretty bummed about that - my teen girls had really gotten used to both of those features in the way back when 2005!
We just did nearly what you did: moved from a 06 EX-L with 301k miles to a 16 EX-L with Nav. Your PS notes those things that we miss: the second compartment was nice, and having two extra large cup holders from the dash was helpful when getting large drinks from drivethru while having our large Yetis. The lack of captains chair armrests really confuses us. Why are there none? I have not read or a single logical reason. They added them back in 2017. In our 06 we never had the middle seat in the van. With us now being empty nesters, we were willing to concede to having the middle seat always installed. I think that in terms of storage, the 2005-2010 generation tops all Odysseys and likely all minivans.

I forgot one.

6. Extended Honda Care warranties can (and probably should) be bought from any Honda dealership, not just the one selling the vehicle. There are salesmen online willing to sell an extended warranty for less than $1,500 while my dealer in particular originally quoted a price of $2,500 if I remember correctly! I mentioned getting the deal online and they immediately dropped their price to be competitive, however.
Shucks, I just bought a used 2015 Honda odyssey with 38,xxx miles from Infinity of Honolulu dealership in June 2019 and bought the extended warranty for $2700 last month. I was thinking of asking them if the extended warranty is transferable to a Honda Dealership.

We just did nearly what you did: moved from a 06 EX-L with 301k miles to a 16 EX-L with Nav. Your PS notes those things that we miss: the second compartment was nice, and having two extra large cup holders from the dash was helpful when getting large drinks from drivethru while having our large Yetis. The lack of captains chair armrests really confuses us. Why are there none? I have not read or a single logical reason. They added them back in 2017. In our 06 we never had the middle seat in the van. With us now being empty nesters, we were willing to concede to having the middle seat always installed. I think that in terms of storage, the 2005-2010 generation tops all Odysseys and likely all minivans.

Hello I recently had a 2016 odessey elite but was Tbone and my beautiful 2.5 year old car was totaled . In reading these forums I’m wondering instead of getting a 2017 or 2016 touring elite should I look at an older model ?? Trim ?? Pls all advise welcomed thank you

Sorry I’m new . I’m not actually replying. How do I post a newbie question.
It's easy. Navigate to the forum of interest. (One way is to follow the breadcrumbs at the top of this page.) Then press "Start Discussion" near the upper right of the screen.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Dave

Is THAT why only ONE does it at a time, and i find it alternating all the time?

ha! i was going to call honda about that. I thought that they BOTH were going to turn down. I HATED the driver side turning down. I was actually wondering if i could turn it off all the way, when the passenger side started turning down, not the drivers side. LOL!

Okay, after looking at pge 198 in the manual, to turn it 'off' put the mirror switch in the middle.

Ah. This board rocks! :D
on my BMW it's only the passenger side that does it, and I find that most useful (I can scoot up to see the drivers side if need be.)

Wait, WHAT???? well done for that find!
Only on vans with power memory driver's seat... but yes, it works on either side (or off in the middle).

-Charlie

361 - 380 of 387 Posts