Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found another dealer who is willing to give me a good price on an 11 Elite. Going to visit on Saturday morning and will drive the exact car I may buy. I am putting together a list of things I should focus on. Please let me know if I missed anything:

1. Battery management warning light
2. Paint quality
3. Distortion in windshield glass
4. Whistling noise at highway speed

Anything else? Thanks.

Jef

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
check all the rubber trim around the windows, i was at the dealership 3 times to get those re-fitted. they were all wobbly and miss fitted.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Driver's side exterior mirror for distortion
Fit of front bumper where headlight and fenders meet
I think the driver's side mirror distortion is present on all of the vans. I don't notice it unless I look for it. It doesn't bother me. I didn't get any of the other defects people have complained about, so maybe I was lucky. If the dealer has several different vans in teh same model, you could try and pick one with the fewest defects. If not, you can wait a few months for another one tom come in and see if it is perfect.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the driver's side mirror distortion is present on all of the vans. I don't notice it unless I look for it. It doesn't bother me. I didn't get any of the other defects people have complained about, so maybe I was lucky. If the dealer has several different vans in teh same model, you could try and pick one with the fewest defects. If not, you can wait a few months for another one tom come in and see if it is perfect.
I have seen one that is not distorted.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have seen one that is not distorted.
I don't want to sound like a d!ck, but I've sat in about 12+ Odysseys, and all have had a distorted mirror. I did 5 or 6 trips with the Odyssey to the dealership for various issues, most of the trips are related to the mechanic doing a poor job of installing the rubber window trim. (3 trips were for the driver side sliding door trim), last trip was because they pinched the washer fluid when they did the wipers rod recall, so no fluid was coming out. Anyways, the trips have all been a few weeks appart, and while I wait, I just go around sitting in Odysseys to see the various windshield distortions (I have seen an improvement windshield wise) and mirror distortion. As well as the brilliant fitment of the rear tailgate. Last trip I started looking around the doors for paint leaks/ buildups (have not seen any). Most models I sat in were either EX or EX-L, only 2 tourings and no elites.

The one you sat in without distortion, do you remember the trim? I'm assuming it's the same mirror, just different housing between trim levels, but I'm curious. Also was it recently? I have not been to the dealer for a few weeks now (i probably jinxed myself...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts