Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I paid a bit more than that to have one with ~ 74k miles... which seemed to be the "normal" price I was seeing in our area...

·
Registered
632 Posts
20 city/ 28 highway??? What are they smoking? Remember that's pax wheels $1400 to replace all four. Depaxing that will be the next step. I cant comment on the price coz I got my unit b-new.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pax wheels

what does pax stand for or is it the brand of tire. Is that why it cost so much to replace? new to forum

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
what does pax stand for or is it the brand of tire. Is that why it cost so much to replace? new to forum
Try the search and use PAX* as the search term or use "PAX Tires" with the double quotes and see what you get on PAX in addition to the 2 stickies uptop.

·
Registered
786 Posts

The word PAX was derived from another abbreviation called PAV. PAV was a word that described the then new, "vertically anchored" tire. Then it was changed to PAX for some reason. It does not stand for anything.

·
Registered
632 Posts
@chris70cuda, PAX is not a brand of tire but the type of ran flat tires Honda decided to give all 05-07 Touring owners. It is a specialized type of tire that is not carried by the average tire shop and its that expensive $1.4K to replace too. It also has to be removed on special equipment that your average tire shop dont have. In short, it is like a sore swollen hemorrhoids that every 05-07 Touring owners wanna get rid of. Depaxing is just like surgery-getting rid of that pesky cauliflower on their b*tt.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Our 05 didn't have any issues except the power steering pump issue, which most of 3rd gen odys have, a broken rear engine mount once, which again most of 3rd gen odys have. See if you can get a little more discount because when I traded our 05 last year, ours was praised at Honda as trade in for only $10k with 123k miles on it. The tires were pretty brand new, the car was in a great condition because I always tale care of all our cars, the t-belt was done on time, and all the services were done at Honda on time again.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Let me know what you think about this vehicle..miles, reliability..any problems for that year and lastly is that a good price?

2005 Honda Odyssey TOURINGwith RES & NAVI
I can't speak for price as it varies quite a bit based on local market supply & demand conditions.

And I find pics from advertizers of little use to judge the true condition of a vehicle. There's a lot that sellers, whether private, used car lot or even dealers can do to mask problems in pics, at least make the vehicle look appealing enough to get ya down to them for a closer look.

The MOST important aspects of buying a used vehicle to me are:

• service records
  • service history
  • GUT FEEL

The old adage "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." applies.

Since you may be buying from a used car dealer (like this one), be careful of what type(s) of after-sale warranties they offer. Read the fine print, as they say. It's your money, your investment, and the safety of you and your family who will be riding in it. Do your homework, never rush, and never buy on emotion.

All the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts