Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of biting the bullet and buying a set of digital fit floor liners for our 06' Odyssey and I wanted to ask other weathertech owners out there if its worth buying the 2nd and 3rd row mats.

The key area of concern for me is the sloped corners on the front passenger seating area where in the winter the water/salt/dirt dumps into and then slowly migrates its way into the metal floor and other hiding areas. The dead pedal in my van is gross and even after shampooing the carpet it hasn't fully returned to being "black" like the rest of carpet. More of a faded grey/brownish color.

The digital fit liners fortunately cover the dead pedal and the carpeting under the gas and brake pedals but looking at some pictures of the 2nd and 3rd row liners leads me to belive that they're marginally better than the stock all weather honda mats.

I didn't own a odyssey at the time that weathertech had a sale on them. Winter is approaching quick and I'm thinking I might have to bite the bullet on at least the front row mats to prevent any further carpet wear/damage to our van.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm also in the market for some too. I also notice a few other member looking for some too in the classified forum. Group buy time?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Try AutoAnything. I got a set of WeatherTech mats (not the floor liners) from them. They had a good price and free shipping. Plus the grey color looks good with the olive interior on my Slate Green EX vs. the black or taupe colors of the "official” all-weather mats from Honda. I have the taupe Honda ones in my Accord. (Taffeta White exterior, Ivory interior)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi we have had the weather tech mats over a year now,great product.I orded them from Canadin outlet .. also and since you are out of the province of Ontario you do not pay Ont sales tax. Fast shipping also. herb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try AutoAnything. I got a set of WeatherTech mats (not the floor liners) from them. They had a good price and free shipping. Plus the grey color looks good with the olive interior on my Slate Green EX vs. the black or taupe colors of the "official” all-weather mats from Honda. I have the taupe Honda ones in my Accord. (Taffeta White exterior, Ivory interior)
But their price seems to have shipping built in the price as they are about 20 dollars higher than from weather tech directly just for front mats.

·
Registered
288 Posts
But their price seems to have shipping built in the price as they are about 20 dollars higher than from weather tech directly just for front mats.
Did my due diligence-I placed an order for all three rows-was $20 less for the set vs. ordering exact same set directly from WeatherTech, including shipping.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, the front weathertech mats are the digital perfect fit molded type, and the 2nd and 3rd are more like the regular all weather Honda rubber mats.

We got them for the snow in Chicago and they worked insanely well. Now we are in Florida and they work insanely well with the sand too.

Personally, I think they are well worth it.

(we got the black mats)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got WeatherTech matts in the beige color for our 2010 Ody. They fit perfectly for the front, but the second row required trimming to get them to fit. It was indicated in the manufacturers literature that came with the matts that trimming would be required.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had originally bought the mats but didn't like the second and third row fit. I sold them and bought liners which I like more. The second and third row has the extra lips for catching a bit of liquid and debris. It fits perfectly.

The driver/passenger liners are very good too. Not much dirt gets below into the carpet that I have experienced.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just received my Weathertechs. Impressed with the fit - 2nd row is like a glove. I'm sold on them after using them in other vehicles.

Still leaves the entire sliding door "loading zone" unprotected so I'll have to do something there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mats: recommended

Hi Stevescivic,

I have all three rows from WeatherTech for several years now. At purchase time, there was more than one version. I have the deep well version. Tan/Tan. Originally installed for winter protection and occasional sandbox trips. My experience is mats became as useful (if not more) at preventing sippy cup contents from meeting carpeting. Now, full-time install. First Row-perfect. Second Row - fits satisfactory. My second row is split with walkthrough. I did not trim, so my center rear edge curls up as little ones exit from third row to second then out side door. Third Row - fits fine. For longer than I can remember, I had no carpeting in the "eighth" seat area. So that is the only dirty place until I get it cleaned. Since then, I have a remnant carpet that I custom cut which reduces tracks quite a bit.
All the mats hold water/snow/sand well. The front mats' lip is over the door sill so most excess will spill down the door saddle and out. Second row has a contoured highlip. Third row lip is modest. The front passenger well mat has a front lip of about 7-8 inches while the carpet extends beyond about 5 inches or so. In essence, (foot) size matters to your concern. The corner lips of same mat are about 4-5 inches in height.
Happy Trails!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
You really cannot go wrong with WeatherTech floor liners. We sell a lot of them and our customers truly love them. They are made of the highest quality material and are digitally fit specifically for your application.

We are currently offering Free Shipping on orders over $70 to the lower 48 states for a VERY Limited time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Black or Gray for Truffle (Gray) Interior?

Dear XenonDepot & Friends

I've spent way too much time shopping online for floor mats for our 2012 Odyssey EX-L with navigation, which has a white exterior and gray interior.

I'm ready to buy either one because seeing the broken-leaf debris on the black carpeting is grating my nerves.

I guess I'll go with the WeatherTech DigitalFit liners, a complete set. But which color would be better for the gray interior, black or gray? I read on here somewhere that black didn't show dirt very much, but as an experienced photographer, my first thought is that black shows everything.

XenonDepot, what's my extra-special OdyClub price on the full set of WeatherTech DigitalFit liners shipped to Buford, Georgia (30519)?

I experience analysis to paralysis far more often than I should.

--Jaddie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Decided

Dear XenonDepot

Okay. A post from Frogger helped me decide.

I want the gray WeatherTech DigitalFit liners, a complete set, with the single-piece front row.

I'll send you my voice/text number in a private message and we'll do business.

--Jaddie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dear XenonDepot

I'd like to have the truck liner, too, in gray, the one that fits down in the trunk well (behind third-row seats).

If I can afford the whole package...

--Jaddie

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Jaddie,

I left you a voicemail. I am personally of a fan of getting the WeatherTech Liners in black. I have had black weatherTech Liners installed in my vehicle for just under a year and I leave them in all year. I do not take them out in the summer time. When they get too dirty I simply take them out and power wash them =)

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Placed my order for the digitalfit liners today in Grey!...... Im really excited about them..

How long did you guys have to wait for them to arrive?..

Also ordered the weathertech air deflector but ordered the OEM door visors from bernardi parts...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just my experience

This is only meant to share my ownership experience of the WeatherTech Digital Fit floor liner which I bought on May, 2010 for my 2010 Odyssey. I'm particularly satisfied with how the front mats (driver and passenger) fit and serve its purpose. Sand, snow, water and other debris were pretty much contained and prevented from messing up the interior.

But the 2nd row mat is pretty much a letdown. A few weeks after putting them in, the edges started curling up because they're sliding from side-to-side whenever it gets stepped upon. Just imagine 2 toddlers and how they go in and out of the van. I didn't get the 3rd row because I didn't see much need for it compared to the 2nd row.

Attached are 2 pictures which I took a few minutes before posting this comment.

PS: Would love to talk to a WT Rep about this.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts