Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member. Believe it or not, I just traded my 2001 CRV SE to a 2002 Starlight Sliver Odyssey EX-L over this last weekend. In the past, I told my wife that I would never buy a van. Of course, I end up eating my own words. I loved my CRV, but with my first child and in-laws to please, the Odyssey is the practical choice. After reading that the new 2002 Odyssey with 240hp, I thought about the MDX. They both almost weigh the same, but Odyssey tops it for comfort and space. Anyone knows or ever clock thier Odyssey from 0-60mph? (I am waiting to pass the breaking period) I LOVE THIS MINI-VAN!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Edmunds has the 2001 0-60mph @ 9.1sec and 1/4 mile in "under 17 seconds". The 2002 *should* be a bit faster but I haven't seen any actual times yet.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rumbaoa:
I am a new member. Believe it or not, I just traded my 2001 CRV SE to a 2002 Starlight Sliver Odyssey EX-L over this last weekend. In the past, I told my wife that I would never buy a van. Of course, I end up eating my own words. I loved my CRV, but with my first child and in-laws to please, the Odyssey is the practical choice. After reading that the new 2002 Odyssey with 240hp, I thought about the MDX. They both almost weigh the same, but Odyssey tops it for comfort and space. Anyone knows or ever clock thier Odyssey from 0-60mph? (I am waiting to pass the breaking period) I LOVE THIS MINI-VAN!!! </font>

·
Registered
478 Posts
Seems like I've seen a 0-60 time of around 8.5 secs or so for the '02 Ody. Given the increased HP and torque, along with slightly lower gearing, this sounds reasonable to me.

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Anything under 9 seconds would be pretty amazing for a minivan, and would most likely smoke all the other brands. You might be able to catch out a few slammed Civics/Acuras/Accords, if the drivers haven't been practicing their gear changes!

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts