Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always heard that you can't beat a Honda on Longevity. I just purchased a 2004 ODY EX-L in Excellent condition inside & out. It has 180,000 miles on it. The Honda Dealership where I bought it performed a Honda Inspection on it and it passed. The dealer put a Timing Belt, Front Rotors and Brakes on all four wheels, a new Oil Pan Gasket, New Motor Mounts and a Oil & Filter change. It came with a 60 Day Unlimited Warranty on the Motor & Transmission. I bought it for my wife and I to use as a after work/weekend vehicle. We will put less than 3000 miles a year on it. I joined this forum for help if I ever need it. I'm a Novice Mechanic that does simple things. In the past 35 years I've worked on my GMs, Fords and Toyotas. I was looking for an Odyssey between $5500/$6500. This 04 fell within that range. I know that the 2001/2003 had severe tranny problems. It improved in 04 and I think 05 and higher are doing a lot better. I've never worked on a Honda. Sorry to be so long winded.

FreeBird1716

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't comment on the 2004. I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey with 188,000 miles. Still running strong with original transmission. My only gripe is the power doors, and I'll be due for a new timing belt soon. So, I'm looking to upgrade, as this is a daily driver for the wife. Enjoy your new Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't comment on the 2004. I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey with 188,000 miles. Still running strong with original transmission. My only gripe is the power doors, and I'll be due for a new timing belt soon. So, I'm looking to upgrade, as this is a daily driver for the wife. Enjoy your new Honda.

Thanks jasper60103.

I know it has a lot of miles for an 2004 model. Everything inside is at least a 9.5/10. The outside has a few dings but I would rate it 8/10. The dealer gave me the owners phone number. I talked with him and he said he traveled though-out the Southeast 40 to 45 weeks out of the year. He is a pharmaceutical salesman. He said he never used the back seat so it had always been "Hidden". He said he always got it serviced at his local Honda Dealership he/I bought it from. The Carfax proved that to be correct. He said it cost more to service at the dealer but his company gave him a car allowance that was more than his payment.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
60 day warranty.....they must have a lot of faith in that Honda Drive train....

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Not Much at all.....

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts