Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had this figured out only to have it happen a few months later. It seems that our van decides at random times to stop recognizing our keys. Only to then recognize them a little while later.

An example is the morning...wife tried to start the van without any luck. (immobilizer stops it from starting) Then calls me and tries again and it works.

I have installed a remote starter, but this was happening prior to that. (I thought I had fixed it.) Tried starting with the remote start and the key. On both cases the immobilizer stops it. Then....10 minutes later they both will work.

My question: Does this mean I need to replace the immobilizer and reprogram the keys?? (yikes!) Or is this just a computer problem??

Any help would be great...this forum has helped me fix a ton of things so far over the years! :) Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! I will check this. It does state that the problem is a stall while driving. I have read posts on this and that has never happened to us. It only decides not to restart randomly and acts as if it can't recognize the key. Either way I will call Honda to see if it falls under that recall.

Do you not think the immobilizer is a problem?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Yes, the immobilizer system could still be at fault.

I just noticed you are from USA. You should contact American Honda instead.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Normally I would say replace the ignition switch but how can that be the problem if the remote starter won't work, only when this happens? It takes the ignition switch out of the equation. I assume it's cranking but not starting, points to immobilizer in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts