Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine today and wanted to see how fresh it really was or if it sat on the lot for a bit (unlikely). My last digits are 531752. How about you new November/December owners?

Geo
SSEXL

·
Registered
20 Posts
529788 :::: My door jam sticker says it was built 11/01 in Canada. I took delivery of an EX SS one week ago. I'd say your's is very "fresh" George.

----
Jason
'02 Ody EX SS
'99 CR-V EX

·
Registered
9 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by George incleveland:
... How about you new November/December owners?

Geo
SSEXL
</font>
Ours (also an SSEXL) shipped the first week of December. No further word yet from the dealer. Last digits in the VIN are 538*** (don't remember the last 3 right now). Maybe SANTA can find it, then swoop down and pick it up for special delivery
..."The waiting is the hardest part" (Petty).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked it up last week.

------------------
2002 MB EX-L RES
1996 Camaro Z-28
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2001 Yamaha R-1
1991 Yamaha FZR-600

·
Registered
72 Posts
2HXXXXXXXXH5393XX

Due for pick pick up next week.

------------------
Will N.
New Jersey "The Garden State"

·
Registered
21 Posts
To: Slopoke - I couldn't help but notice your portfolio of cars/motorcycles... What do you pay for insurance per year? Betcha have fun though...

[This message has been edited by ODY_DataSeek (edited 12-15-2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up my '02 TW EX-L NAV on 12/08 and it has 534299 as it's last few digits. Build date according to the door sticker was 11/01.

Regards,

Mac

------------------
-2002 EX-L NAV Tafetta White

·
Registered
131 Posts
533307 For my RR EXL-RES. Built 11/01. This was one of two vans my dealer got in that were unspoken for. It sat on his lot since late November and then I bought it 12/13. The other unspoken for van was a Beige EXL that was still available last week...

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by arare:
I don't have mine yet.
But some dealer put their latest inventory in their Web page. According to http://www.collegehillshonda.com/inventory.htm it is now 541XXX for the vehicles assembled on 12/13~14/01.
</font>
Looks like the one from Alabama ended in 001226, so they are starting over with the last five digits at the new factory.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just picked mine up about two weeks ago. Ends in 000475. Looks like one of the first batches out of the new plant. Hope they have all their tools and processes up to spec.

Scott

·
Registered
67 Posts
If VIN starts with 2, it is built in Canada. If it starts with 5, then it is built at the new plant in Alabama.

·
Registered
28 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by arare:
I don't have mine yet.
But some dealer put their latest inventory in their Web page. According to http://www.collegehillshonda.com/inventory.htm, it is now 541XXX for the vehicles assembled on 12/13~14/01.
</font>
Got my VIN today!! 541713. Shipping today (I think)!! Expect delivery after Christmas.

------------------
2002 EP LX (dealer had on order, 2 month additional wait for other colors, due in after Christmas)
1998 Civic DX, Blue
1992 Civic LX, Red (Bye-Bye)

Previous Hondas:
1987 Prelude, Gray (totaled in 2000 w/188k miles)
1978 Accord, Red

Other cars:
1982 Ford EXP (We all make mistakes!)
1969 Olds Delta 88 (with 10 speed bike in back seat in case it broke down)

Family:
Myself, Wife, 3 kids (4,2 & newborn). Ever see 3 kids in the back of a 98 Civic?? GOTTA GET THAT ODY SOON!!!!

Other:
2000 Yardman mower with a Honda engine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think that the build date shown on the door, such as 10/01 indicates the month and year, ie October of 2001. Is there a way of determine the exact day(s) it was built? Does anyone know the time it takes to build a van, start to finish. My dealer gave me a range of dates it was to be built, but I am curious as to the exact date.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The last digits in my VIN are 003795. Mine was definitely made in Canada and I'm Canadian as well

Also, about the build time on a van...I believe it's something like 27 hours but I could be wrong on that. I am thinking it may be even quicker...but not 100% sure. Mine was built on a Wednesday and was at the dealer the next Monday (5 days later). Pretty fast

1 - 19 of 19 Posts