Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I would like some guidance. About 2 months ago I purchased a 2006 Odyssey with 141,000 miles on it. It was supposed to be in good working order. I knew it would need work but since then I have had to fix the motor mounts, tires (non run flats), need to fix the AirCon $1,200.000 (the man said all it needed was to be charged) tire sensors (which have to be redone as the computer does not recognize them as they are not OEM, passenger door motor, 2 key fobs (driver 2) Still can't customize the car as I need to redo the tire sensor and fix the door (which works manually), changed the oil and trans fluid, headlights, balance and rotate tires, left front axle

I am at my witts end...I have put in over 1,700.00 and it still needs more work, on the body. I bought this to take the grandkid on road trips

Friends have said to sell... I WONDER as I have fixed all that, at least I know the issues.

My question is, Keep, or Sell???

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Since you mention "run flat" tires, sounds like you have a Touring Edition which has VCM. Should be "Muzzled" to disable the ECO mode of the Variable Cylinder Management. VCM causes issues with excessive oil consumption when cylinders are deactivated, shuddering when the ECO light switches on or off.
If your tire dealer sold you the TPMS sensors, either they should be able to program them, or exchange the sensors for ones that are compatible. I believe the 3rd Gen Ody's used different sensors depending on the trim.
All this and issues with the sliding doors (most likely, the rear latch assembly needs to be replaced in each door $200 each) are better covered in the 2005 - 2010 Odyssey section of the Forum.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Thanks
First thing i did. :)
o_O
Umm, what was? Muzzle? Have tire dealer fix TPMS? Replaced rear latch assembly in sliding doors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sliding door on the drivers side needs to be repaired, I have the part...my real concern is, after putting in so much money, is it better to sell it or keep it? If they are in fact, super great vehicles, then keeping it might be the best option. I am fearful I have a lemon, as my daughter would put it. I just think, things need to be fixed. It appears, the original owner was not one to do that

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,691 Posts
The sliding door on the drivers side needs to be repaired, I have the part...my real concern is, after putting in so much money, is it better to sell it or keep it? If they are in fact, super great vehicles, then keeping it might be the best option. I am fearful I have a lemon, as my daughter would put it. I just think, things need to be fixed. It appears, the original owner was not one to do that
This is far from a lemon. Having a common issue does not equal a lemon. If it did, every car would be a lemon.

No offense, I think you're overreacting a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is far from a lemon. Having a common issue does not equal a lemon. If it did, every car would be a lemon.

No offense, I think you're overreacting a bit.
I hope you are correct...it is not me overreacting, it is everyone else that has to schlep me to the mechanic :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o_O
Umm, what was? Muzzle? Have tire dealer fix TPMS? Replaced rear latch assembly in sliding doors?
I did the bypass on the VCM. I get most of my guidance on this site. I really appreciate all of the ideas. New to Honda. I’m usually a Toyota SUV gal. I have the part for the drivers slider door. I will order the OEM sensors as the dealer said “you can’t program the computer until all the codes are corrected and cleared”

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
“you can’t program the computer until all the codes are corrected and cleared”
I think the 'stealer' is speaking with forked tongue! What kind of jibber-jabber is he spouting! o_O
What exactly has to be re-programmed? The TPMS? That's separate from the body-codes that a bi-directional scanner can read to see what exactly are the issues with the sliding doors.
Order the OEM sensors? You talking about the TPMS tire sensors?:unsure:
Programming the van to recognize your key-fobs? I'm not sure if your sliding door issue would interfere with that. I don't know the specific programming sequence, but as I recall it's usually a sequence with turning the key in the ignition and pressing the remote buttons.
And with your several issues and your two different threads, it's hard for us to follow what you're talking about without a little more detail! :giggle:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the 'stealer' is speaking with forked tongue! What kind of jibber-jabber is he spouting! o_O
What exactly has to be re-programmed? The TPMS? That's separate from the body-codes that a bi-directional scanner can read to see what exactly are the issues with the sliding doors.
Order the OEM sensors? You talking about the TPMS tire sensors?:unsure:
Programming the van to recognize your key-fobs? I'm not sure if your sliding door issue would interfere with that. I don't know the specific programming sequence, but as I recall it's usually a sequence with turning the key in the ignition and pressing the remote buttons.
And with your several issues and your two different threads, it's hard for us to follow what you're talking about without a little more detail! :giggle:
:) The Stealer LOL...OK, sooooo the code faults that pop up on the display, near the speedometer are (i) TMPS and Sliding door. 1. I have key (2) fobs for Driver 2 that work...was told that until I fix those two issues, I cannot get into the computer (touring edition ~ It says "can't customize as we do not recognize the driver") to eliminate the code faults and program the seats/lights/timing for interior lights etc... 2. I replaced the tire sensors (appropriate for the touring but not OEM), and when I scroll through the (i) they say the tires are fine. So, I know things are safe. I would however like to have that computer reset to not throw codes. There is so much more to repair and I DO want to "trick it out" but won't put in the money until I fix the Needs. Thanks for the input

1 - 12 of 12 Posts