Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have three Britax Frontier Clicktight seats and have recently learned that I cannot install them three across the middle row according to Britax guidelines. They fit if I put the seats into wide mode, but the middle car seat overhangs the vehicle seat slightly. And I have just learned from Britax that they allow NO side overhang.

I really need the ability to put three across the middle row for children ages 3, 5, 7 and am wondering what combination of seats can safely install here for them.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 car seats across

Hi. I have three Britax Frontier Clicktight seats and have recently learned that I cannot install them three across the middle row according to Britax guidelines. They fit if I put the seats into wide mode, but the middle car seat overhangs the vehicle seat slightly. And I have just learned from Britax that they allow NO side overhang.

I really need the ability to put three across the middle row for children ages 3, 5, 7 and am wondering what combination of seats can safely install here for them.
Thanks.

So, I have installed 3 car seats across for close to 3 years.
I believe the over hang yo are referring to on the center seat is fine.

I make sure that the left and right seats are as far wide as possible, and i use the over seat strap with saftey latch,
and tighten really well.

We have felt completely safe and secure.

HOWEVER, as the 7 year old transitions to no back booster,
I WOULD NEVER PUT THE NO BACK BOOSTERIN THE CENTER.

My $.02

·
Registered
114 Posts
Take a look at the Diono Radians.
I have 2 of these seats, Diono Radians, and they fit anywhere. I was a die hard Britax mom until I saw a demo in a baby store that showed me the difference between the two brands. I bought the Diono seats immediately. On the plus side, the seat bottom is narrow.

I put them both in the 3rd row, outboard. Both my 12 and 14 year old kids can sit between the Diono seats.

Look into these seats before looking at a different van. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
+1 for the Diono Radian's. I currently have two symphony DLX seats in our brand new Oddy and the oldest jumped up to booster seat. I have a couple of the Radian's in other vehicles we have and they are absolute tanks! They are insanely well built and seem to fit in just about everything!.

I have 2 of these seats, Diono Radians, and they fit anywhere. I was a die hard Britax mom until I saw a demo in a baby store that showed me the difference between the two brands. I bought the Diono seats immediately. On the plus side, the seat bottom is narrow.

I put them both in the 3rd row, outboard. Both my 12 and 14 year old kids can sit between the Diono seats.

Look into these seats before looking at a different van. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try the Car Seat Lady's resource on this. (I tried to share the link, but I just joined the forum -- bought the 2019 Touring trim over the weekend! -- so the site isn't allowing me to post links yet.)

Google "car seat lady odyssey 2018 3 across"

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Cosco Scenera Next is only $39 and one of the more narrow seats out there so it can fit 3 across in many cars smaller than the Odyssey. I have 2 of these + booster in the back seat of my Mazda 6 for occasional use. You can tell the seat isn't as well made as Britax seats and not quite as easy to secure, so if it's for daily use then you might want something like the Diono. If you're just looking to get by for a few months until you can get the 7 y/o into a booster then it's worth taking a look at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts