Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an xcargo carrier box and have been told that the factory x-bars won't support upward wind pressure. Box could get pulled off. Is this true? If so, should i get the Thule rack system?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm going with the Thule crossbars for the factory rails. The Honda crossbars may "look" better/sleeker but the Thules will attach/detach quicker and easier and support many more accessories since they are flat and can be wider than the Honda crossbars that are limited to the distance between the rails.
Plus..I already have a lot of Thule attachments.

Just be carfull to not exceed the rated loads of the factory installed Ody rails.

Adobeman

[This message has been edited by adobeman (edited 03-30-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
There are pics of the Thule adapters for the factory rack on my photo page in case you don't already know what they look like.

Follow the link in my sig.

------------------
Chuck
Ody Pics and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 03-30-2001).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Chuck,
Do you mind telling me where/how much did you buy your Thule cross bars? I've been calling around and have quotes from $350 - $500. If I want the box, the price is at the $500 range. I just need something to haul a couple of pieces of luggage on to Florida.
Thanks!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just priced out the Yakima (I have a Yakima system from my Accord I want to move to my Ody) and it prices out as:

Rail Mounts = $110.00
48" Crossbars = $40.00
4 Pack Locks = $38.00.
Total = $188.00.

The Thule 751 Railing rack system lists for $190. That includes rail mounts, cross bars and locks.

Both of those are off their web sites. Check out thule.com and yakima.com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts