Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an ad in the LA Times (local newspaper) for ten 2002 Honda Odyssey EX's (not EX-L's!) for sale in Gardena Honda that were used by guests in the Rose Bowl. Most of them only had 2k miles. I went to the dealership expecting a price of somewhere around $25k - $26k since they were used. Their asking price was...get this...$30,599! For a used Odyssey with NO options installed?! Not even mudguards! Maybe the price included personal appearances from the Rose Bowl queen and princesses on your next birthday.

So I went to another dealer and bought a brand new EX-L with aftermarket DVD (Audiovox), mud guards, wheel locks, cargo tray, upgraded alarm, anti-theft window etching, and a 6yr 100k extended warranty for $31,290. No appearances from queen/princesses.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Nowadays, I would avoid any visits from any "queen"!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
AlpineMan, whitch dealer did you buy from? was the dealer add-ons already on the Ody? I'm going to be in the market for Ody nextweek and i do not want any add-ons. So far in the valley, looks like all dealers are putting on some suff soon as it comes off the truck.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought mine at Hardin Honda in Anaheim (57 Freeway, exit Ball Rd). The options I listed were options I requested for. They were not going to put any options on the van if I had not requested it. I dealt with Jimmy and Jose Ramos.

You can also give www.priceline.com a try. If I had not gotten the van through Hardin Honda, I would have bought it through priceline. I named my price and options I wanted, and the dealers dealt with a priceline representative. I only had to talk with one priceline rep. I was in a hurry to get my Ody, and the priceline rep only came a day late. I would have gotten a better deal on priceline. The rep's name is Ray Baldwin.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
AlpineMan, thanks for the info. I didn't think of priceline.com to buy a car. I'm planing to E-mail dealers within 15miles of me 1st, then wait few days and E-mail dealers within 80 miles and see what i can get. I found over 30 dealers within 80 miles of me and i saw some good posts for Hardin Honda in Anaheim. I'll try priceline as my 3rd option, i would like to get an Ody soon but don't really need it soon. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Gardena Honda was one of the dealers that gave me MSRP quote and 3-5 week wait and the only dealer that wanted a $500 depoit
to go on the list. The form they sent, clearly states that the deposit was only for going on the list and fully refundable. They have the longest wait time out of the 3 dealer that i'm waitting for.
Hope the Fleet Internet Manager is different from rest of the sales department there, she sounded straight forward when i talk to her few times and very responsive to my E-mails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts