Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started the search for our Ody back in mid-December and are finally the proud new owners of a 2002 TW EX-L NAVI! My hubby called over 30 Honda dealers in California, and found that with the exception of a handful of MSRP dealers, everyone (particularly those in close proximity to the Bay Area) was charging MSRP + $500 to $3000.

Jim Maze from Robertson's Palmdale Honda was the first to call back with the color and configuration we wanted, at the right price (MSRP). 'Course we would have liked < MSRP
, but so far in California, no dealer seems to have felt the need to drop below MSRP. Demand is still quite high, especially for the EX-L models -- in fact, when my hubby was on the phone with Jim, someone else who was physically at the dealership was interested in purchasing it. Needless to say, we arranged to pick up our Ody the very next day.

Jim and his fellow salesman, Ernie Faybush, were absolutely a pleasure to work with. There was no pressure to buy any add-ons or the extended warranty from the dealership. Price was right at MSRP, no funny business with the finance guys. Ernie even fed us pizza and Girl Scout cookies while we waited for paperwork to be done, and sent us off with a van full of auto dealership balloons (the HUGE ones) for our toddler.

Our experience with Robertson's Palmdale Honda was surprisingly pleasant, and we highly recommend them. Bay Area Ody seekers, the roadtrip to Palmdale isn't bad, and you can get there and back in a day if you get an early start. There's even an In-N-Out you can stop at at the halfway point

Thanks to the folks behind the Odyclub forum, as well as all the members who posted their own experiences. We learned a great deal from these boards, and would never have had the courage to purchase sight unseen, with no prior test drive (this is our first minivan), without the largely positive testimonies posted here.

Now on to the mods!

M

·
0 Posts
Hi,
I am on Jim's waiting list right now. And I hope to get my van ASAP. He sounds like a reasonable man. I am 3 hours drive from the dealership. Shall update when I receive my van.
Ming

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my van

HI,
Corona Honda got my van earlier and they offer MSRP + free delivery to my door. SO I bought from them. Jason Wilson is the salesman and Erskien Lenier is the internet sales manager. I feel sorry to Jim Maze since he is very nice and streight forward on the phone. THanks.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm glad it worked out for you to get your van at Robertson's. My Odyssey is the second vehicle that I have purchased from them. No pressure and very pleasant to deal with. Enjoy you new Odyssey. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
;) Hey anybody looking for odysseys i just got off the phone with Jim maze i purchased my 2002 ex-dvd from him he told me he has 2 ex-l odysseys available if anybody is in yhe market you should give him a call the # is 661-265-6000 or cell #661-917-3266

1 - 5 of 5 Posts