Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having this problem? I hear a thump sound from the rear underneath after I brake. It happens in foward or reverse,when the van is full or empty. Help!!

------------------
2002 MB EX-L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most likely the gas sloshing around. I hear this all the time with mine. It's a known issue with the Ody's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You got the watemelon thump...also known as the famous gas tank slosh. You get use to it not to worry nothing is being damaged by the noise.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
See <a href="http://home.attbi.com/~rody2rk/polling/Sat_Jan_12_v1.html">question #1</a>.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Did Leroy forget his bowling bag in the back of your van, the last time y'all went to the lanes?

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help! I thought that I was going crazy !!!

------------------
2002 MB EX-L

·
Registered
616 Posts
My prior thump sound posting(different thread) comparing my two odyssey appears to have vanished.

The conclusion made before was that my '99 did not have the thump noise while my '04 had it.

Well, I have a correction -- they both do it, but there is a solution.

What I have discovered is that if almost anything is stored under the open third row seat the noise vanishes.

I came to this conclusion after beginning to move the stuff stored in the '99 to the '04 and I began noticing the thump in the '99.

I still have the '04 pretty empty, but I have noticed that the Honda cargo mat over the folder down third row helps. And I have discovered that storing the cargo mat rolled up under the third row seat makes the thump pretty much go away.

So a mat or kids blanks/extra clothes stuffed under the third row seat solves the problem.

BrianB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts