Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original owner to a '07 Odyssey EX-L with 51k miles. Within the last 50 miles or so, I've noticed a strange ticking noise coming from the left front wheel upon turning left. Turning right isn't as noticeable. The noise is very similar to a clock: tick-tick-tick until I straighten out the steering wheel. I only notice it between 5-15 mph since road noise is low. Any ideas what it can be?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The TSB states that this may be a faulty CV joint, but if the boot is torn and caused the CV joint fail, this may not be covered..

If you raise the car, you can crawl under to check the condition of the boots, if it is split, you will see it. Also, if it was torn, the grease from the CV Joints will spray into the inside of the rims.

·
Registered
370 Posts
While you are under there checking your CV boots take a look at the wear indicator on your brake pads. It will be on the inside pad. Your noise could be coming from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the suggestions. I will call the dealer tomorrow to check on it.

72triple,
I replaced the front brakes/rotors 1 year ago at 38k due to warped rotors. But I will look into it also. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts