Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a response from Timbren Industries about their SES system. They finally came out with a kit for 2018-2020 Odyssey! It doesn't show up on their site yet, but they sent me a part number. I called two of their dealers and they're checking on pricing for me. Finally might be able to get rid of that excessive sag under load! And no need to worry about air leaks.

Reactions: MrRangerZr1

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I was able to place an order through one of their local dealers, 4 Wheel Parts.
Part number is HRDD5G, specific to 18-20 Odyssey.
MSRP $269.99 plus shipping and tax. As of the time of the order they had some kits in stock. I can message you the installation instructions they sent me if you want to see if that's something you want to tackle by yourself. Kit should include everything you need.
You can find your local Timbren dealer here: Dealer Locator - Timbren Industries Inc. Suspension Products

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually here are the instructions. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you take pictures before and after installation, in a loaded van of course,.
I'll have to think of a way to do that. Maybe I'll load my factory wheels and tires into the trunk. 🤔

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe load it up with your family or friends, take a picture of the sag. Then after install load it up with the same people and take a picture.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How does this help with sag? it replaces the bump stop, so you are still sagging enough to hit that.
It should improve the ride when loaded for sure, that benefit i see clearly.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does this help with sag? it replaces the bump stop, so you are still sagging enough to hit that.
It should improve the ride when loaded for sure, that benefit i see clearly.
I'm pretty sure it will be longer than the bump stop it's replacing, but even if not, we usually travel with six people, three of them still in bulky boosters and car seats. There's a stroller in the back and case of water. Rooftop box stays on more than it's off, and it's at least 46 lb empty. We are almost definitely riding on bump stops. I'll report back when I get them. As of right now it would just be speculation. 🙂

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure you will let us all know how they feel. $260 seems like a low price for added comfort.
You bet I will. 🙂

The curiosity got the best of me and I walked out there to see what she sits like now. I only have the stroller, all empty car seats, almost empty rooftop box (has some emergency ikea blankets) and two smaller size boxes of canned food in the trunk. This is what the van and bump stops look like. I'd say it'd right on the bump stops if you add six people.

Reactions: unlock42

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah loaded up like that, its safe to say that your bump stops have seen some use.
In my opinion, our springs aren't designed well for this van as they compress too much too quickly. This is our 4th minivan over the years and it squats way more than any previous ones did.
Could be due to the funky pine cone shaped springs the engineers decided to use for whatever reason. It doesn't take any of the usual methods like airlift air helper spring. Hopefully they update the design on 2021 face-lift.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Wow I thought they upgraded the suspension in the new ones. It looks and probably performs worst than previous gens. What kind of factory bump stop and springs are those?!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow I thought they upgraded the suspension in the new ones. It looks and probably performs worst than previous gens. What kind of factory bump stop and springs are those?!
Those are factory 2018-2020 across all trims. They'll stay in. I believe Timbren will replace the orange ones? I'm not sure until I get the parts.

·
Registered
700 Posts
In my opinion, our springs aren't designed well for this van as they compress too much too quickly. This is our 4th minivan over the years and it squats way more than any previous ones did.
Could be due to the funky pine cone shaped springs the engineers decided to use for whatever reason. It doesn't take any of the usual methods like airlift air helper spring. Hopefully they update the design on 2021 face-lift.
View attachment 155859
Have you thought about changing your springs to a different spring-rate? I would think that a dual spring would do the trick for you. Part of the spring is no-load situation, and the other part is for heavier loads. So using perhaps a standard spring rate of 300 lbs per inch, the dual (first half) would have the 300 lbs and the other half would have 450 lbs. Spring rate is linear in action, 300 lbs weight drops the 300 lbs spring 1" then next 300 pounds would drop an additional 1" (overall the 600 lbs spring area would be compressed 2".) Now the question would be next, where would you but these at? In Omaha, NE we have a company that rebuild leaf springs and can rearching them and also builds new coil springs, they would of course have to have your original spring to fit the two end pieces and overall length of the spring. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Could I get an invite to the facebook group?
Sure. It's this one:
And this one:
See you there!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts