Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - new to me 2011 Odyssey w/ 110k miles, well taken care of but kinda bouncy, sooooo... time for a shock discussion. I was on Rock Auto and there were several no name brands (FCS, PRT, Ultra-Power), then KYB and Monroe. I am familiar with KYB and Monroe and likely trust KYB the most. Does anyone have any recommendation as to your experience. I should also consider OEM but at 2x the cost seems a bit high.

I have researched here regarding KYB not making rear shocks, but now it appears they do produce them.

Any input? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
KYB always made rear shocks for this vehicle.

whats happening is they are not selling complete front strut assemblies, which makes changing the struts more of a PITA, as you have to buy all the components separately and then move the stock spring over from the old assembly.

this is why many go with the monroe quick strut, however those are poor quality and last <5 years in my experience.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info, thanks, I am perfectly OK using spring compressors so it sounds like KYB is best for me.

Secondly, are there any other items I should order as well (bushings, spring seats, etc...)?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I did the OEM Honda assembly & rear shocks at 135K. At 245K I balked at the price of OEM and did KYB's. No regrets other then not greasing the strut bearing. I run KYB's on a Lexus & Corvette also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Monroe back in the day made great shocks, but not so much anymore. I've always enjoyed KYB shocks. High quality and long laster for all the cars I've had in the past. I'm about to put KYB on my 2011 Touring, so you're making the right choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts