Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I bought a similar socket and the crank holder on ebay. When I got it I thought it was broken because one did not fit in the other.
Undeterred, 2 hours with a bench grinder and a bucket of water later it was fixed.
Trust me, this and any impact gun and that bolt is not a problem.

20190401_033659.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
that bolt is designed for use without the holder. your grinding it down lessens its ability to remove the bolt with just an impact.

·
Registered
299 Posts
^^

LOL, what... you don't need to use the holder, while you use the thick-walled 19mm socket on a high torque impact to loosen the crank bolt. The amount of torque exerted on the crank bolt is so high in that instant that the crank does not spin backwards/counterclockwise. If you do want to hold it, use a 17mm up top on one of the cam sprockets instead and lodge it against something solid, the timing belt will hold everything in place.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have any of you tried to loose the crank bolt using 1/2" Ryobi 18V Impact Wrench with Lisle Socket?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used air gun and lisle socket . To take crank bolt off . Before I did my t belt . My water pump started to leak.that is why I had to change mine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts