Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
  • :huh: Last March's Inspection, was told that within the year I should have my Timing Belt replaced. I couldn't believe it as I only have about 22,000 miles on my 2003 Odyssey, but Honda service said that because of age rather than milage, was the determinate! They said that T-B might break from dryrot just like my tires were. I replaced the tires last month w/same Michelins. Would appreciate your opinions & imput as I need to have this done by end of Sept. to take advantage of "Service Coupon" whereby I can have it done for $499.99 instead of usual price of $899.99. Reason for low mileage, bad back condition limits my ability to sit very long driving.:huh: Thanks, Nicky 1
  • PS. I'm not a new member, just had to reregister because have not used Odyclub in a long time & had problem getting on w/old login.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The dealer is right. The belt will deteriorate over time and if it breaks or strips some teeth Off will destroy the engine. That price is great and you should jump on it. I would also consider having the water pump done at the same time as well as the power steering and A/C belts as they have to come off during the service and are probably suffering the deteriorating problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts