Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the timing belt kit, water pump, tensioner, pulley. Was curious if any one could verify the work. I hate to be a tooth off and mess things up bad. I appreciate your time in helping me out on this matter.

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,046 Posts
I assume those are the cams but they do look correct. Make sure to rotate it by hand to verify your work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweeeeet!! Yes I did at least 8 times to verify the cams marks about 4 times. The one with the blue tape in the pic. is the front bank (left) the other one is the rear one by the firewallI (right). It had turned forward when putting the belt on. So I moved it back and slapped the belt on. I appreciate you. As they both seem to be just a little off to me but not a whole tooth off. I just need to get some antifreeze and I will be starting it up.
Thank you for your kind reply mwe2121. ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Started it up and let it idea for a minute while I topped off the radiator and power steering pump. Went to turn on heater, and the rpm’s dropped way down. So I turned it off and saw my rpm’s are lower than where they used to be at 1000 rpm.
Is my timing off? Timing belt off by a tooth? Which direction do I go in? Clockwise or counterclockwise?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Started it up and let it idea for a minute while I topped off the radiator and power steering pump. Went to turn on heater, and the rpm’s dropped way down. So I turned it off and saw my rpm’s are lower than where they used to be, at 1000 rpm.
Is my timing off? Timing belt off by a tooth? Which direction do I go? Clockwise or counterclockwise?

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,046 Posts
Idle should be around 750 RPM. 1000RPM is way to high.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
So I turned it off and saw my rpm’s are lower than where they used to be at 1000 rpm.
Is my timing off? Timing belt off by a tooth? Which direction do I go in? Clockwise or counterclockwise?
Is it now idling at 1000 RPM, or it used to idle at that RPM?

Recheck the timing marks through the inspection port. It's possible that it jumped a tooth, but don't assume that the idle speed issue is due to valve timing.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Well it has never left the driveway. Second day, I start it up and got steady check engine light. Plugged in the OBD.
Got codes, P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306 ?‍♂

Misfire in all cylinders plus a extra one random misfire I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help Dave. I believe it used to be at 1000rpm. After mwe2121 response, I checked yesterday it was at 850rpm I believe. Today it’s at 1000rpm with all the codes.

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,046 Posts
Did you check your timing marks again?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, just checked TDC and it looks the same as it did before.

I will look over thing again without taking things apart to see if any is disconnected. When unplugging the brain and fuse box. I made sure everythingwas firm inside. But will look again.

I’m just clueless where to look and where to start. I was carefully thorough and hate to start over and redo everything

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,046 Posts
I would make sure that everything is reconnected.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
If you have those codes after but didn't have them before then it's likely your timing is off. This is why I always recommend marking the old belt and sprockets and then transferring the marks to the new belt and lining them up when reinstalling.

I can only see the one picture so it's impossible to tell from here if the timing is off for sure. I would pull the covers and check the marks on the cams with the marks on the heads and the mark on the crank with the mark on the oil pump cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts