Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done many of these, and will soon post a good write up with pics. Im sure it's been done on here, and I will check to see soon how others do it. For anyone living in west central Ohio area, I can do this for you for $480. That's parts and labor! Water pump(Aisin), timing belt(Gates/Unitta), both tensioner bearings(Koyo) (the dealer does not replace these), and new Honda Type II coolant. If anyone wants to do this themselves, please just ask and I will try to help you. Great care must be taken to get the rear cylinder bank on TDC! Over a tooth off will cause the cam to spin under spring pressure and bend valves. Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ive done many of these, and will soon post a good write up with pics. Im sure it's been done on here, and I will check to see soon how others do it. For anyone living in west central Ohio area, I can do this for you for $480. That's parts and labor! Water pump(Aisin), timing belt(Gates/Unitta), both tensioner bearings(Koyo) (the dealer does not replace these), and new Honda Type II coolant. If anyone wants to do this themselves, please just ask and I will try to help you. Great care must be taken to get the rear cylinder bank on TDC! Over a tooth off will cause the cam to spin under spring pressure and bend valves. Thanks!
Hi Buzboy... I look forward to seeing your post. I don't think I'll be trying to tackle this one myself as I've been taking on more and more maintenance, but I wish I lived near Ohio and I'd certainly give you my business.

The board admins might kill your post quickly (you have to pay if you want to advertise on here) but I think for the price there are some members that would love to meet you. Being on the west coast doesn't make me very accessible to Ohio.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looking forward for the write-up too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How far away from Dayton are you? My '05 Ody has about 95k so it's gonna be needing done here in the near future. Planned on doing it myself but getting it done for $480 could be tough to pass up.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doing an 05 this weekend. I'll send you a PM. I didnt really think about this but Im surprised like someone else said on here that my post didnt get erased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts