Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the $1500 from Honda will end next week, and today is the last day of the month.
From what I saw at a dealer, Honda typically has some sort of incentives each month. Of course there's no telling at this point what they will roll out in the next cycle...
The thing is, we can hold out for another two months (yes, wait till the end of Aug or early Sept), when the new model hits the floor. We still plan to get a current/old model. But not sure if there will be a big drop in price then. So I am not sure if I should pull the trigger now or should hold my gun. I would appreciate any advice! Many thanks!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Honda is pretty good at controlling inventory and there's not usually much left once a new model arrives. I would imagine the incentives will stay similar throughout but maybe jump a month or so before the new model is schedule to hit. Just a guess.

I got lucky and bought a Civic once basically as the next year model was rolling off the trucks. Discount was big enough that six months later I sold it for about $300 less than I paid for it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We bought our 2009 in Aug/09, right before the 2010's were coming out. We got a good incentive but you do risk the chance of having no/very limited selection. There was only 1 to pick from on the lot, which just happened to be the right model and color we were looking for. If a Honda dealer has a lot of 2010s on the lot I bet they hold off releasing the 2011's on their lot at the same time. The incentives in a month or two should be between $2K-$3K, plus you can get them lower to invoice pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts