Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 5% over the rear windows and 35% over the drivers and passengers....it looks alot better anh really helps with the hawaii heat!!!

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I'd love to see how it looks. Do you have a pic of it?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO pictures.....don't have a digital camera. but it's 5% over the already kind of dark rear windows...cant see in almost looks like black paint....can see out ok though

·
Registered
254 Posts
i also covered my oem privacy glass in film, although i used 15%, and am very happy with the look. i think i will do my front doors in 35% also.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

·
Registered
2 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ryan:
I just installed 5% over the rear windows and 35% over the drivers and passengers....it looks alot better anh really helps with the hawaii heat!!!</font>
how easy is it to install your own window tint (ie for the front windows)
how do you take off the inside trim by the window so that the install looks professional?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have 35% on the front doors, mainly because I'm concerned with UV (having suffered Melanoma) It also does make it much more comfortable in the sun. I havn't done the rear, but I think it's a good idea since we haven't been able to come up with any info on the UV resistance of the existing tint.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the actual work is easy, but it is time consuming. you really have to clean the glass well. also, make sure you have all the tools.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, and supposedly, according to the tint place i pick up the tint, privacy glass has no uv protection....but he could just be trying to sell the stuff because the honda dealer told me that it does....go figure...if you ask my opinion, i would go with the tint guy because car dealers are usually FOS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ryan:
oh, and supposedly, according to the tint place i pick up the tint, privacy glass has no uv protection....but he could just be trying to sell the stuff because the honda dealer told me that it does....go figure...if you ask my opinion, i would go with the tint guy because car dealers are usually FOS.</font>
Sure, the dealer is usually FOS, but they are correct about UV protection in the privacy glass. According to the glass manufacturer, PPG, the Ody EX glass reduces UV in all of the windows to various degrees. Each window also has heat rejecting properties. I don't have the specs that they sent available because I'm on vacation for the summer (but still reading Ody stuff!).

http://www.ppg.com/gls_autoglass/productsmain.asp

------------------
gbaxley
'01 TW EX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts