Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....been a lurker for some time. Joined about a month ago and researching and reading ever since on depaxing. This site has been very helpful and has great info. I have read a lot of depax threads trying to get as much info as possible, but still unsure about the best tires for my setup and trying to make the best decision between a few different tires. I posted this on the main depax thread but not sure how many people follow that monstrous thread. :)

Anyway, after weeks of searching I finally found some 17" Pilot wheels for a reasonable price for my depax of our 07 Odyssey Touring. For tires, I am looking at the Kumho Solus, Kumho Road Venture, Hankook Ventus, or the Goodyear Comfortread. All have had good reviews and some disappointments, but which is better for the 17" wheel?

I like the Goodyear for a couple of reasons, but it is much more expensive than the Kumhos or Hankook. ($150 per tire plus shipping) Is the Goodyear worth the $130+ for 4 tires over the Kumho/Hankook?

If the Kumho Solus, is the KH16 or the KL 21 the better choice? The 21 is about $20 more per tire though over the 16.

Thanks for any help.....can't wait to get this all done.

Kg

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
Moved to TIRES.

Please try to post in appropriate forums if possible in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess not too many people have used these tires to compare them, so after more research I decided to go with what hopefully will be the better tire and bit the bullet for the extra money for the Goodyears.

Kg

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
Patience myfriend. The two resident wheels/tire guys haven't shown up in the last couple of days so might have missed the question. They both however, go with Hankooks for their wheels/tires packages if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dvpatel said:
Patience myfriend. The two resident wheels/tire guys haven't shown up in the last couple of days so might have missed the question. They both however, go with Hankooks for their wheels/tires packages if I am not mistaken.
Thanks and I understand....just under a little timeline here. I saw what the depax guys use and read a lot on where both Hankook and Kumho were used for different tire sizes....but those depax kits most likely have costs as a driving factor. Thus I was hoping some people would have some experience with comparing them to the Goodyears.

I know I only had the post up for a day or so, but was hoping for some quick replies. With my timeline, I couldn't wait really so I just pulled the plug.

Thanks for the help.
Kg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts