Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2010 Odyssey and the low tire pressure light comes on intermittently. I check the tire pressure and it is AOK. Are there any suggestions on what might be going on?
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called to get an appointment for service with the local Honda Dealer; they were talking about how they put nitrogen in the tires to help with changes in temperature etc... I live in Southeaster AZ near the mountains; about 5,000 ft above sea level and the temperature can change 30 degrees or more in the course of a day.

I will let you all know what they say when I bring it in. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey,
I had a 99 buick regal with a low tire warning system on it...

It did not have any 'sending unit' but rather clocked how many tire revolutions. If one tire had substantially less revolutions then it would trip the sensor.

You'd then have to air the tire back up to the desired PSI and manually reset the sensor by holding down a reset button...

I found that the sensor was very sensitive to drastic weather changes (ie. cold snaps & extremely hot Texas summers) due to the air expanding/contracting.

Keep us posted on what you find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nitrogen in tires = snake oil. Good profit-builder though.

mbrien said:
I called to get an appointment for service with the local Honda Dealer; they were talking about how they put nitrogen in the tires to help with changes in temperature etc...

I will let you all know what they say when I bring it in. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2010 EXL light will come on after temp drops pretty low over night. Usually goes out the next day when temps warm up. Just another example of over engineering to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts