Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that my tire pressure is 44PSI Max. I always thought 34PSI. So this morning I get the tire pressure warning, after a year of ownership, so I measured them all and they were between 30-34 PSI.

Worked up a sweat inflating them to 44PSI. Now the ride seems a bit more taught and we hear more road noise.

Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
12 Posts
44 psi is the max on alot of vehicle tires. I don't think you want to fill the tires to max especially when the weather is hot. When the max is 44 psi then you should inflate at about 35-37 psi.

·
Registered
159 Posts
44PSI is MAX. The recommended cold tire pressures can be found on the drivers door pillar. I believe it is 33PSI Front, 34-35 PSI Rear. I run 35PSI F and R.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
What are you using the measure the PSIs? The TPMS goes off only with extremely low PSIs, so 30-34 PSIs is not a problem. An old/bad PSI meter may be the culprit. Also, do not trust the meters integrated to the air pump at the gas station, they suck :dunno:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Get ready for the TPMS to go off when you transition to winter, the cold air condenses in the tires and the pressure gets lower.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The correct PSI for your van should be on a label on the driver door pillar. 44 is dangerously high.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I gotta let some air out.

By the way, what is the correct psi for 2011 Ody?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guess I gotta let some air out.

By the way, what is the correct psi for 2011 Ody?
Why don't you look on the drivers side door jam or in the owners manual? You can google it too, there are several ways to figure this out, not rocket science.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts