Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always replaced my tires with michelin
Defenders. My 2010 EXL is needing new tires.
Is there something better out there these day?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
A quick search will turn up tons of tire threads and of course opinions are like...well you know.

Better? Probably not. Just as good for way less money? Very likely. When I was in the tire biz I only filled Michelin orders, never sold them and converted 90+% of people willing to have a conversation to a better value. Where do you live, how heavy are you typically loaded, and what tire characteristics are most important to you? Do you like crisp handling or super soft ride? How important is wet traction, snow traction? For every feature engineered into a tire another is compromised, so it really comes down to what features are most valuable to you. It's not just how long the tire lasts, but the job it does while on the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do carry a mobility scooter and lift in the
3rd row seat area. Live in central Arkansas so can be 100 degrees for a week then be 30 one morning.i do not like at a few intersections I go through routinely that there is slippery and car spins for a few seconds. I don’t care so much for soft ride( why did not go with the Toyota- when I purchased this new). But I hate a lot of road noise).
Not taking long trips as much as used to but
Want to be able to go( always have to use my car because of scooter)
Thanks

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
My first recommendation based on your preferences I would suggest Continental TrueContact Tour. Has the same 80K tread warranty and in my opinion grip better than the Michelin Defender T&H as well as be quieter later in it's life. Should be about $30 a tire less money too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found this company called prometer, they're inexpensive and my best tire as of yet! Got them for my 2 odysseys and they are handling brookyn driving better than any of my other tires. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts